Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-11-2008, 10:40 PM   #11
You know you want this.........
My Mood:
Re: Can't poo

i'm new here, but have four kids all were ebf. i agree with taking temp. if she's really constipated you can tell then, you will be able to feel it. and there are glycerin suppositories for babies that is a liqiud in a syringe. it is by fleet called pedia lax. my lactation consultant told me about it when dd had problems with added solids.

mamazluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:21 AM   #12
Registered Users

my dd poops every 7-10 days and I was SO worried when she started this pattern. I took her temp and fussed over every pee diaper. I contacted my lactation consultant and she told me to just relax, EBF babies are getting perfectly designed nutrition and there is little waste.
Also, maybe your LL is going through a growth spurt? maybe your LL is using everything up so there isn't anything to poop. Just be patient and do the temp thing but I would stay away from anything more then that unless her belly is rigid and your ped suggests it.
CarolinaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:27 AM   #13
Registered Users

We had this exact concern w/ my son when he turned 6 weeks old. He just decided to go from pooping like 5-7 times a day to nothing. I started to get worried at only 4 days, but I read everything I could find online and all the data says that it's fine. Just google it and you will find tons of different sites that all say not to worry unless it's been a REALLY long time. Like 3 weeks!

Anyway, another mother told me to eat honeydew melon and that would help him poop. So I did, and he pooped the very next day. So I'm not sure if it was the melon or not, but that's what I do now when he hasn't pooped in a few days and I'm starting to get a bit concerned. Try it
I'm Amber, wife to Brian , and mommy to Myles 7/21/08 , Eloise 3/2/11, Lorelei and my furry baby Lucy 2/8/08.
amitchell98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

Happy to report that she pooed this AM on her own and followed that with a nap from 9:30am to 1:30pm I guess her tummy felt better!
Mama to Mr. A June 2006, Miss I May 2008
All done with cloth Both my little ones use the potty now
Mom2BabiesA&I is offline   Reply With Quote