Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2006, 07:59 AM   #1
platup
Registered Users
seller

WWB week two - 10/23

Weigh****chersBuddies!!! Hi mamas! Sorry this is late this morning, I've got family in town and have been eating bad ALL WEEKEND. But, this morning's weigh-in is:

So, I'm only down 1/2 pound from last week, BUT on the bright side, it was my first week, I was very very very bad this weekend (way over my point limit....I mean, I had a piece of cheesecake and ate Polish food all weekend....um, doubt that stuff is even ON the points scale!) and I'm ready to be back on track today, which I already am, thanks to knowing I had to post here for you mamas! This is working out really well for me, I hope it's working out well for you too!

Let's see....since I was asked to provide a "theme", let's use this week's theme as LOW POINT POWER BREAKFASTS ?? What do you think?
I like to keep my breakfast around 5-7 points. Here's what I've been eating...

3/4c Kashi Heart to Heart honey toasted oat cereal w/ 1/2c skim milk - 3pts
1 4oz Activa yogurt cup - 2pts
1 individual serving of Mott's natural unsweetened applesauce - 1pt (or insert other 1pt fruit here - grapes, strawberries, blueberries, etc).

This works out to be a great breakfast for me. I know the cereal measuring stinks and seems like not enough but my trick, use a SMALL bowl! I use a bowl that 3/4c of this cereal fills about 3/4ths of the way. Then with milk added, it feels like a bigger bowl! It fills me up, I don't even normally need a morning snack.....but I know I will tire of it quickly, so I wanted some other great power breakfast ideas and I'm STARVING in the morning so I like to eat the most food for the least points. This cereal has a great protein fiber balance plus with the dairy serving and the fruit it's glycemic index balanced to some extent (rather than being mostly carbs or mostly protein, etc). I got the idea from the NutriSystem diets out there.....

Good Luck ladies! One day at a time and I'm always thinking of you!!!!

Advertisement

Old 10-23-2006, 09:09 AM   #2
peverroad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WWB week two - 10/23

I know i am not offically part of this group but would love to join. I am trying to do ww from what i can find on the internet and it is working out alright for now. (had books but they got tore up) i remember alot and a nice mamma on here is sending me some more books.
Well this is offically my second week. Am i am down 5 lbs. Don't have a clue how that happened. I went from 180 to 175. But i was eating terable foods and changed just like that. Cut out soda which i think had a lot to do with it.
I have some low point breakfast ideas.
low carb bagel 2-3 points fat free cream cheese 1
multigrain cherios and milk 3
apple and peanut butter 3
3 egg whites, 1 2-pieces low caloire bread 2, jam 1

Ok that is all i can come up with and hope it is alright if i join you!!
Paula
peverroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:32 AM   #3
jdsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

great idea's guys!

I am stuck at my 10lb loss mark from last week. I cant seem to get past it!

I have to eat breakfast at work, so i usually just grab a south beach bar, they are 3 pts each.

I also switched from a vanilla latte every morning to a americano with cream and splenda.
jdsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:48 PM   #4
April.C
Registered Users

Weekly weigh in: 140.6... only down 1/2 pound, but I guess it's better than nothing. I was terrible about eating this weekend, I had Wendy's french fries twice , and dessert every night. DH is a big dessert guy and it's so hard to say no to the icecream when he's eating a bowl.

I did go grocery shopping and bought myself some goodies. I have carrot sticks to snack on during the day whenever I feel the need to munch. The dessert solution I came up with was sugar-free fudge icecream pops... 1 point for each pop. I think I'm going to let myself splurge once a week and eat whatever dessert DH's eating, that way I don't feel deprived.

As for breakfast ideas... my roommate used to have an eggwhite omlette and toast for breakfast each morning. It always looked so good but I'm just too lazy to wash a pan every morning. I usually have low-fat yogurt topped with a little bit of granola or Kashi cereal.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:03 PM   #5
JakesMom
Registered Users

Weekly Weigh-In: 136.5 ... down 2 pounds!

I am so excited about this... I feel like I have fallen off the wagon so many times this week (with raiding the Halloween candy stash at least 3-4 nights!), and I also ate so badly at Survivor Crop (24-hour scrapbook charity) that I didn't even count. On Saturday morning (before the event) I weighed 136.0, but after the food I ate and lack of sleep, I'm up 0.5 pounds. But still ecstatic. I need to stay motivated enough to stop eating those candies, though... Trying to keep my mindset on the health aspect of it, thinking of food as nourishment for me and baby, and not the weightloss aspect of it. That's the only way I'll stay away from those sweets. (...easy to rationalize them when I still had a good loss despite the splurges).

Thnx for the breakfast ideas. I have been doing the waffle w/ FF Yogurt, fruit, honey that I mentioned last week. Last week I also did some egg whites scrambled with onions, veggies, ham, and a splash of grated cheese. I don't remember the points value but I think it was 6 or less. Kelloggs Special K is only 2 points for 1 cup! Add 1 C FF Milk and some cut up strawberries... yummy & quick for 4.5 pts.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:49 PM   #6
JakesMom
Registered Users

p.s. welcome to the group, paula! the more the merrier~* lol congratulations everyone! we made it through our first week! even though there were mis-steps... we are now more cognizant of them since we're "counting". a lot of times i reached for something bad, and i'm realizing that before ww, i would have eaten it without much thought at all! (p.s. at least now when i eat it, i'm thinking about it... haha!)
Old 10-24-2006, 10:15 AM   #7
heathersgirls
Registered Users
seller

Finally checking in~Whew, what a weekend. Lots of bad eating but I tried to keep portions down to compensate. The hardest part was that my little one came down with a stomach bug and started vomiting...It was so sad and I was so stressed because my DH has been out of town and I was alone with both girls....When I finally got dd to bed I had a huge sugar binge, and then yesterday ate lots of candy, I was so tired. The up side is dd seems to be better, thank goodness....And I am back to doing my best....

My weigh in last friday was 157.4 (I weighed 159.2 last monday, but I didn't post that .) I am just wanting to maintain this week.

I love the breakfast and lunch ideas...

I love either kashi strawberry fields (2pts) with 1/2 cup milk (1pt), or old fashioned oatmeal (2.5 pts) with dried apircots (1 pt for 6 halves, I usually only need 2-3) and 2 tsp sugar (1 pt)

My fav lunch right now is an Amy's burrito (5 pts) with salsa (0pts) and light sour cream (1.5 tbsp is .5 pts). 5.5 pts for a really filling meal that feels like a splurge

Great job on all of the losses from last week! Wow I am so proud!

~Heather
Old 10-24-2006, 12:06 PM   #8
Sunny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies...this is copied and pasted from the WWB week 1...I didn't see that there was a week 2 already started.

Quote:
Hi I was wondering if I can join as well. I started WW on Oct. 12th. It was a thursday night and then friday we decided to go to DH parents for the weekend and I ALWAYS do horrible there. So I tried (I really did lol) and then was like ok this is so hard and said I will work on it starting monday when we get home (I know, I know bad girl ) So anyway I did great and went to weigh in an Wend. my scale said I was down about 0.5 lbs so I thought ok while I am in town I will weigh in since I am a 1/2 down. So I went ina dn they said I was down 2 lbs!!!! I was SO excited and that really made me try harder! So that was last wend and according to my scale I am down 2 more. WW scale is diff though for sure! So my goal is to lose 10 lbs total before our anniversary which is Feb 15th. I know that is not alot of lbs in such a long time but I don't want to set my goal to high and be dissopointed so I set it low. If I get there before my anniversary (which I plan to do!) then I will set another goal to be at before then! Anyway I am excited about losing weight! I love the e-tools online and am doing the monthy pass at WW so I can't quit in the middle of the month since I already paid for it! lol That helps me ALOT!

This morning I at pickles for breakfast . I know it sounds yucky and believe me I was in the mood for them sicne nothing else sounded good and when I started on them I at 2 and was like yuck and didn't eat anymore and that killed my appetite for them so I started drinking my water for the day. I am at 2 1/2 glasses of water so far and it is 9:30! I have class tonight so want to get all my water in early this morning so I won't be running back and forth during class trying to get to the potty! lol
So about 10 this morning I at 100 calorie pack of the ritz snack mix. I am ready for lunch now!
Old 10-25-2006, 05:46 PM   #9
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How do I get started on WW? I need to lose 100.00 lbs! I feel so overwhelmed like I can't even start. I don't eat often, but when I do, I eat A LOT!

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:21 PM   #10
Bluemoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

just got home from WI and hit my first 10lbs weight loss!!!!!
so excited!!!
Barbara
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote