Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2006, 09:21 AM   #11
ajfowle
Registered Users
seller

Re: let's talk bravado nursing bras

I must be the only person who doesn't love her Bravado. I'm wearing in right now, though, because my other nursing bras are in the laundry. It is pretty, but I don't like the nursing snaps. I prefer the clip kind, which I can manage one handed. I can't seem to get the snap with one hand. And I HATE having to put the thing on over my head!! I have the leopard print and bought it from Sierra Blue (sierrablue.com) in Canada. They had a great sale going on a few months ago.

Advertisement

Old 05-29-2006, 11:18 PM   #12
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

The new Lifestyle bra is great! I have 2. They're not cheap, but they actually give support and make you feel like a woman. You can special order the pink (note, it's a pretty vibrant pink). I have black and butterscotch. They have the standard bra clasp and not the snap. I really don't like the snaps b/c you can't fasten with one hand.

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:36 AM   #13
bethanyjoy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfowle
I must be the only person who doesn't love her Bravado. I'm wearing in right now, though, because my other nursing bras are in the laundry. It is pretty, but I don't like the nursing snaps. I prefer the clip kind, which I can manage one handed. I can't seem to get the snap with one hand. And I HATE having to put the thing on over my head!! I have the leopard print and bought it from Sierra Blue (sierrablue.com) in Canada. They had a great sale going on a few months ago.
You might like the new Lifestyles Microfiber bra by Bravado. It's got more traditional clasps (easy onehanded) and isn't a sports bra, so it does up in back. Much trimmer design.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:03 PM   #14
MamaStace
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather_c
If you are set on buying a Bravado, I recommend you try the YES! bra from ebay seller breastfeedingisbest. They are a knock-off of the Bravado brand and are less than half the price of the Bravado. I have one Bravado and two of the YES! bras, and they are great for at home or under thicker shirts. I like the YES! bras better than the Bravados because of better clasps and the band under the breast does not fold.

I hope this helps.
ITA. . . these are my favorite bras. And with my 42Fs, I'm REALLY fussy about bras!!

MamaStace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 08:30 PM   #15
aschrimp
Registered Users

My bravado is also almost the last bra I go for. I hate the snaps, my boobs fall out of the cups when I nurse laying down (I dunno how/why - it was professionally fitted, so I know it's the right size), and ds pops me with the elastic. The bra itself I like, I guess (it's super comfortable to wear), but it is a royal pain to nurse in! I really think I might like the lifestyle one, though. I might have to try one of those.

The only other bra that is lower on my list is this medela one (not thier seamless microfiber one, which I love, this is their standard one). It is like hooking up an over bed traction unit to my boobs - LOL. The shoulder straps are thick and padded like a backpack strap (which just means that they slip off my round shoulders). There are 4!!! hooks in the back, which I can NEVER get done up right. And the clincher is that the cups are too long - like there is room for an extra inch or so of nipple or something. I mean, I think it is the right size, if I had slightly narrower and longer boobs - maybe after another couple of kids?

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 08:42 PM   #16
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschrimp
My bravado is also almost the last bra I go for. I hate the snaps, my boobs fall out of the cups when I nurse laying down (I dunno how/why - it was professionally fitted, so I know it's the right size), and ds pops me with the elastic. The bra itself I like, I guess (it's super comfortable to wear), but it is a royal pain to nurse in! I really think I might like the lifestyle one, though. I might have to try one of those.

The only other bra that is lower on my list is this medela one (not thier seamless microfiber one, which I love, this is their standard one). It is like hooking up an over bed traction unit to my boobs - LOL. The shoulder straps are thick and padded like a backpack strap (which just means that they slip off my round shoulders). There are 4!!! hooks in the back, which I can NEVER get done up right. And the clincher is that the cups are too long - like there is room for an extra inch or so of nipple or something. I mean, I think it is the right size, if I had slightly narrower and longer boobs - maybe after another couple of kids?
lol - which ones do you like? i still haven't splashed out for some new ones yet....
Old 05-31-2006, 01:40 AM   #17
aschrimp
Registered Users

My absolute favorite is the medela microfiber seamless bra - it looks a little like a sports bra, but it's SUPER comfy, very supportive, and will even hold my nursing pads in place if it isn't done up. I only have one, but want more. It only has two problems that I have found - it is cut like a sports bra, so even moderate scoop neckline blouses don't work with it. It is fine with button up shirts, though, because if it peeks out of the neckline on them, it looks like a cami. The other problem is that the clips aren't the regular plastic hook clips - they actually have a release button on either the side or top (can't remember and it's in the hamper). I had one night where I was half asleep, trying to get unhooked to feed ds, and I couldn't get the clip unhooked because I was too deleriously tired to remember to press the release latch thing. But that really falls into the realm of user (id10t) error - Lol.

My second favorite is real plain one from sears - cotton spandex, kind of boring, but nice, functional and comfortable. I've only had it for a few months, though, and it is showing definate signs of wear, so I don't know that I want more of them. I also have the sears cross front (no clips, you just pull it down) nursing sleep bra, and it's really comfortable too, although not the best for under tight t-shirts.

I have some that are made out of silky fabric (which I usually like, because shirts don't get "stuck" against it), but beware - unless it is lined with cotton or something, your nursing pads will slide all over the place. I still wear them, because other than that they are really comfortable, but at our picnic yesterday I ended up with a soaked shirt because I didn't realize that my nursing pad had wandered off to under my armpit while I wasn't looking.

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:59 PM   #18
kayben
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After reading all of these posts, I just hopped over to ebay and ordered three yes! bras. Now I can't wait to try something that fits. I measure 33in at the ribcage and 43 in around the boob.... Nearly impossible to find a 34H, but it looks like I might get one that fits!! YEAH. Thanks for letting me glean from this thread!!
kayben is offline   Reply With Quote