Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2008, 02:41 PM   #11
harvestsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: HELP!!! Gift Ideas for an almost 6 year old??

Mine is turning 5, and she loves to go and get those mini makeovers. We have afew places here in town . They do her hair and paint her toes and fingers. She also loves Hannah Montana: posters, magazines, music. All of it.

Advertisement

happy to be married to Dustin 9/21/02 mom to Gabriel 4/7/98 reagan 10/26/03 Harvest 9/2/05 cry: : and Liberty 4/22/07. And coming in January baby #5, It's a girl!! WAHM making leggies, burp cloths, receiving blankets.
harvestsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:51 PM   #12
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What about a doll house or something of those sorts. I don't have girls so Im not sure. Or you could go with something crafty maybe a bead kit or somthing for her to make jewelry she can wear?
Old 09-16-2008, 03:45 PM   #13
Luvmy2boys
Registered Users
Formerly: DebGreen

My Mood:

I think the ideas of dress up stuff or crafting stuff are great. My only concern with the others (ie kitchen, doll house, ect) are they are not really transportable. Unless you are sure that your foster child will be with you for years, I would worry that bigger items might have to be left behind if she is moved to another home. I have had some experience with foster children being moved to other homes and having to leave behind belongings that won't fit in the new home situation.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #14
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like the v tech laptop idea.
i was thinking for crafty stuff like plastic canvas. You can show her how to put needle in and out and count. Maybe a mag subscription since she likes to read? A set of books? Dress up clothes is a good one. thinking about same thing for my own daughter she has Christmas and birthday following day ugh.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:08 PM   #15
patricianaps
Registered Users

My Mood:

My 6 year old LOVES hula hoops. We have gotten her like 6 in a row and she is excited every time. they use jump ropes and hula hoops in gym class, so it should be age-appropriate and cheap.

And STICKERS. Maybe a sticker collection notebook (read: 3x5 notebook with a sparkly cover.)

MIL bought my daughter her own apron and a junior cookbook for her last birthday. that went over REALLY well and it is something that encourages one-on-one time!
Old 09-24-2008, 11:28 AM   #16
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

wow these are all great ideas!!!! Thank you sooo much!!!