Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2008, 05:25 AM   #1
bluebonnet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
potty learning...

x-posted in diaper talk since there is a diapering question here...

My dd is just over 2.5yrs old. She tells me 95% of the time BEFORE she poos and often tells me as she is pee'ing. She is very verbal and is capable of taking her clothes off and often on.

She had a window at 18mo when she really wanted to use the potty (sit on it at least) but I was very pregnant and didn't want to drag out potty training for 6 months AND have a newborn. So...here we are w/ her much older and my DS 8.5months old.

She was excited to go and pick out panties. Won't sit on the potty at all. Not even w/ her clothes on. She says to me whenever I ask her (I don't push, just ask once or twice a day) if she wants to sit on the potty, "Mommy, I'm not ready to use the potty. I want to pee and poo in my diaper" Or she'll say, "My bums not ready yet mommy...I want to go in my diaper".

If she's not emotionally ready, I understand. I'll be more patient. Give it another month or so.

But...she's peeing thru that first morning diaper because she's held her pee so long. It comes out so fast, the diaper cannot hold it (even w/ a cover).

Am I forced to switch to sposies for nighttime? Does that even make a difference? She is in a Motherease Toddlerease diaper w/ a babykicks hemparoo fleece topped doubler. Pretty absorbant combo normally. Do I and a 2nd doubler??

Any advice on any front (potty learning or diapering??)

Advertisement