Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-21-2006, 11:52 AM   #1
daisyprincess98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
my poor baby...

we recently started solids and my poor baby is constipated! She is only getting a little cereal every 3 days or so, but my baby girl is grunting away and nothing is happening. What can I do for her? BTW, she is 5mo...

Advertisement

daisyprincess98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:13 PM   #2
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: my poor baby...

If you are open to fruits, maybe try a few spoonfuls of prunes? (Assuming she'll eat them.) DS went through a stage where he was always constipated and I would give him a few bites of the prunes with every meal or just a couple bites throughout the day. The goal is to make it easier for her rather than make her poop. My friend learned that the hard way when she fed her DD the whole jar and she had explosive poop for like 2 days.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:30 PM   #3
fostermomcchr
Registered Users
seller

If you want an immediate BM, lubricate a rectal thermometer and take her temp-it works almost every time and it is very gentle on the baby. When my little one started cereal, he was very constipated til we could start fruit-due to his allergies, I had to wait a week between starting anything new. The soy formula and rice cereal really caused a problem for him, but once I started pears, he was fine.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:36 PM   #4
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we had the same problem with ds...when i would see him straining i would lay him on the floor and help by pushing his legs up to his tummy...like when trying to relieve gas for them. Of course it was uncomfortable, but it definately helped him move the bm

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote