Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2008, 08:20 AM   #11
EBentley
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Anyone used a woombie?

Never tried it, but I swear by the Miracle Blanket. There's no getting out of that thing for the first few months.

Advertisement

EBentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:11 AM   #12
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippydippymama View Post
What a neat invention! You could probably replicate it by using a tight blanket sleeper and tying knots in the arms.
Hmmm, I wonder how that would work? LOL, I am sooo not creative like that. . . I would need a picture.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:17 AM   #13
sheenashine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBentley View Post
Never tried it, but I swear by the Miracle Blanket. There's no getting out of that thing for the first few months.
Yeah, that looks really cool. But My LO wouldn't like it as much. The Woombie provides a little extra freedom of movement- but keeps them secure and warm. For example, my DD likes to suck her finger- it soothes her (sometimes to back to sleep in the middle of the night) with her swaddled traditionally she can't get to her fingers, but in the Woombie she can get her little hand up by her mouth. So, like last night she woke up, fussed, found her finger and went back to sleep. I just love it!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:24 AM   #14
melyaro
Registered Users
seller

I know this is really old, but I wanted to see if there were anymore woombie users, specifically if anyone had tried the fleece one. I'm due in december, same as my other kids, and I know during the day we always swaddled with a fleece blanket and at night we used the miracle blanket with a lightweight cotton sleeper underneath. It seems like by the time you have all those layers of the miracle blanket it would be about the same warmth as one layer of the fleece woombie, I just want a good combination of warmth while avoiding overheating. Any thoughts on this?

SWAGBUCKS: loving that I'm getting free stuff for doing pretty much nothing!
melyaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:48 AM   #15
carmismom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got one for my 8 month old because he is getting out of his Miracle Blanket (yes, I know he is 8 months old) and he didn't really seem to like it because he could still whack himself in the face. I think it would be great for a newborn though! I really wish that I would have started him in it right off the bat.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:33 AM   #16
dlsmom
Registered Users

The Woombie is the best baby product I had for my son! Easiest swaddler to use, no velcro, tying or folding. Allowed him to move like when he was in the womb, hence the name. Sad to give it up, now that he's rolling around. Definitely helped him get into a sound sleep and his busy scratching and paci pulling out hands were gently restrained. We all slept! That's the best part. I know they are being carried in stores around the country, I got mine at New Mother New Baby in IL.
dlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:13 AM   #17
CharmedMama
Registered Users
Formerly: a*b*ss
seller
seller

My Mood:

We LOVED, LOVED ours when DS was little. I don't think he would have ever slept without it. It is so worth it!!
Old 09-02-2009, 08:05 PM   #18
sundae1888
Registered Users
seller

I wanted to love my Woombie... it worked, but the snap broke when I was taking DS out of it on the first night of use! I stopped using it immediately.

It wasn't until a few days ago after a friend and their 9wo LO visited that I remembered I have one. Their LO was crying non-stop and needed to be swaddled very, very tightly--only the dad was able to do so, and mom was helpless during the day when dad is at work--so I initially suggested a Miracle Blanket (which I don't have, but bought one as baby shower gift for another friend).

The next day I remembered I have a Woombie. I have since bought a snap press (for making diapers) so I replaced the metal snap with a size 20 resin snap (which is the only size I have) and lent my Woombie to them. They were happy to report their LO slept 5 hours straight at night, and mom was able to put baby to sleep during the day as well.
sundae1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:49 AM   #19
MLB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to say that I have 2 coming to me and I'll report on how they do for a 2.2 month old, 16.5 pound baby.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:23 PM   #20
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wonder if a wahm could make one... I would rather buy from them looks pretty darn easy to make .
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote