Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2008, 01:21 AM   #1
jeniperlyn
Registered Users
seller

How do you store/organize DD hair clips and stuff?

Title just about says it all Would love to see picture. I'm trying to get ideas.

Advertisement

SAHM to Zachary Arthur 4/5/06 Mckenzie Elizabeth 5/14/08 our angel with wings 6/2/07 & Complete Molar Pregnancy 3/8/12 followed by ema/co (multi unit chemo). weened at 24 months DD and 12 months DS, , ...out of the loop! Baby #3 due 5/19/15.
jeniperlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:33 AM   #2
Emiliesmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: How do you store/organize DD hair clips and stuff?

Would like to know for me as well. I have DD's and mine in small zip lock bags and all stored in a small box, but even that is overflowing.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:19 AM   #3
jessielove
Registered Users

Right now I just have everything in a drawer in the bathroom. Messy, messy. I think I might pick up a small school box to store them in. Maybe let my daughter glue sparklies to it to make it her own.

If you have a lot of korkers and other fancy bows and clips, I've seen neat clip organisers that hang on the wall. They usually have a decorative top with a long ribbon-style piece hanging down to clip the bows on to.
jessielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:41 AM   #4
jeniperlyn
Registered Users
seller

All my stuff is in a drawer in the bathoom...it's just metal clips and hair ties. I have all DD stuff in a sposie wipes container and laying around everywhere. DS keeps dumping it out I had one of those packages of 200 stretchy rubber bands for DD, no fun to pick out of the carpet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessielove View Post
If you have a lot of korkers and other fancy bows and clips, I've seen neat clip organisers that hang on the wall. They usually have a decorative top with a long ribbon-style piece hanging down to clip the bows on to.
This is why i'm trying to come up with different storage. I'm wanting to make DD some korkers. I think i seen a picture in a previous "show us DC's bedroom" thread, some sort of board covered with material and ribbon to clip the clips on. When i was little my uncles ex gf's mom made me a hair clip holder, it was a doll face like a cabbage patch with yarn braided piggy tails for hair and my clips hung on the pggy tails.
SAHM to Zachary Arthur 4/5/06 Mckenzie Elizabeth 5/14/08 our angel with wings 6/2/07 & Complete Molar Pregnancy 3/8/12 followed by ema/co (multi unit chemo). weened at 24 months DD and 12 months DS, , ...out of the loop! Baby #3 due 5/19/15.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:22 AM   #5
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeniperlyn View Post
All my stuff is in a drawer in the bathoom...it's just metal clips and hair ties. I have all DD stuff in a sposie wipes container and laying around everywhere. DS keeps dumping it out I had one of those packages of 200 stretchy rubber bands for DD, no fun to pick out of the carpet.

This is why i'm trying to come up with different storage. I'm wanting to make DD some korkers. I think i seen a picture in a previous "show us DC's bedroom" thread, some sort of board covered with material and ribbon to clip the clips on. When i was little my uncles ex gf's mom made me a hair clip holder, it was a doll face like a cabbage patch with yarn braided piggy tails for hair and my clips hung on the pggy tails.

Was the board you saw one of those you buy or make that you usually stick pictures to?I can see how one like that would work.All the riibbon criss crosses and it would be a really neat way to hold hairbows.

I don't have a picture but when my daughters were younger I just took a shoelace and hung it up and clipped all the bows to that.Things that couldn't clip went in a little basket that was attached to the wall in the bathroom.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:24 AM   #6
GreenEarthLaundry
Registered Users
Formerly: bluestorm33
seller
seller

My Mood:

I use a ribbon belt of mine with two metal D rings. I have it hanging on the wall in their room and they clip all their clips/bows on it. It's nice to be able to see them all when picking one out. All headbands and rubberbands are in a cabodle.
GreenEarthLaundry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:17 AM   #7
BlushingEwe
Registered Users
Formerly: blueblueMummy
seller

My Mood:

You can put all your clippies on a long ribbon hung on the wall and it also is decorative. I put all the bands in a small basket on the counter in the bathroom.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:49 PM   #8
jeniperlyn
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post
Was the board you saw one of those you buy or make that you usually stick pictures to?I can see how one like that would work.All the riibbon criss crosses and it would be a really neat way to hold hairbows.
I think it looked something like that but, i dont' think the ribbons criss crossed.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:05 PM   #9
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we just dump them all in an empty sposie wipes container. dd rifles through them every am to pick out what she wants. there's no way they'd stay organized, so we don't try or fret over it.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:27 PM   #10
Beebug123
Registered Users

I use two of these Rubbermaid desk organizers. The drawers actually pull apart from each other so I restacked them so that it has 4 drawers and then the flip top compartment. I have one drawer for clippies, one for barettes, one for Gymbo hair things, and the bottom one is for pony tail holders. I actually found ones that were purple instead of black at WalMart. They sell them in the office supply section. These mini storage drawers would work great too, I just like the organizer one because it had a place at the top where we can store the girls combs and brushes.