Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-25-2014, 06:34 PM   #1
TheMamaPeacock
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question Newborn stash feeling over whelmed

I'm due in December with baby #2 but I didn't start cding my son until he was 5months due to moving around with him I use primarily rarz but am slowly converting to grovia hybrids. So beyond the back story I really want to cd baby girl from day 1 but I'm getting discouraged pretty fast I'm just so unsure where to even start. I like to keep it simple so I'd really like to stick to just one type/brand but since my babies are big over 8lbs is it really worth buying a whole nb stash?! If so what Really works best and is the easiest considering my son will only be 18mo when she is born. I just don't know what to do I'm about to just give in and do sposies until she fits into grovia os! Sorry for the rant and thanks for any advice!

Advertisement

TheMamaPeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:01 PM   #2
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Newborn stash feeling over whelmed

PFs and covers RaR nb or Thirsties duo sz1
Super easy, pretty cheap too.
NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:01 PM   #3
MamaNolley
Registered Users
seller

Doing disposable for the first few weeks/months is totally acceptable. But if you do really want to go cloth from the get go, I have a felling your RaRs might fit a larger NB and beyond that, you can always find great deals on NB stashes on here, or buy new and resell on here. HTH! Best Wishes lil Mama
MamaNolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #4
jchammonds
Registered Users
seller
seller

I put a RaR on my nb son today and it worked! He's probably about 9.5 lbs now.

Spot's Listings - Newborn / Small Wool and Diapers
jchammonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:49 PM   #5
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

I'd say one of two options for cloth. Either prefolds and covers. Which tend to lose 50% in resale. Or aios. If you buy a stash of say nb simplex used $12-15 ea them you can sell for cost or if you love them and wanna hoard them that's always an option to lol.

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:01 PM   #6
hrose92
Registered Users
seller

I've seen pictures of 8lb babies fitting well in Gro-Via covers.. then you would just need some prefolds and maybe a few fitteds for nighttime! I'm trying some of everything with my first daughter due in November. So I've got a mix of AIOs, Grovia's, Newborn prefolds/Covers, Newborn Fitteds, and am going to make my own wool covers to try too.. Don't be afraid to buy!! Newborn diapers have a GREAT resale value since you don't use them very long.. I'm going to have enough for about 40-45 changes I'm hoping.. that way if I don't like a few of the kinds I get I will have enough to last me atleast a day or more still.. I am guessing I will have a smaller baby though (around 6-7lbs) as both me and my husband are both around 5'7" and were around 7lbs at birth ourselves. My thought is.. even if I buy all newborn diapers and sell them right away afterwards.. I would still come out spending less money than if I had used disposables... So I'm using that logic to keep my husband calm about all the diapers piling up.. hehe
hrose92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:20 PM   #7
TheMamaPeacock
Registered Users

My Mood:

I keep seeing bad reviews for grovia newborns :/ I love my grovia ai2 though. After talking with the hubby he is fine with me buying an all new nb stash and then reselling but I'm kind of OCD where I really want to buy only one brand/kind but I don't want to buy grovias then them not work. So many decisions!!!
TheMamaPeacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:57 AM   #8
jchammonds
Registered Users
seller
seller

Grovia is the only one of our nb diapers I didn't like. Emmett was 9 lbs and a few oz here.

Spot's Listings - Newborn / Small Wool and Diapers
jchammonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #9
mfergy0625
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

GroVia shells might work on a bigger newborn. I would just get some newborn/small prefolds and 6 Thirsties Duo covers. That should last you until your LO fits into your hybrid stash
Old 09-05-2014, 03:30 PM   #10
imnotacodfish
Registered Users
seller

I had an 8 lb baby. I had originally bought infant size prefolds and some covers and then bought GroVia newborns when I saw them for a good deal. Ended up only using them 2-3 times each and am exclusively using prefolds and covers. I got Thirsties size xs and they fit well, but are starting to run on the short side. Kind of wishing I had bought Duo size 1 instead. I also use the prefolds in small gDiapers and they are great. Again, they are a little short, but they work for now. She's 9 1/2 pounds right now.
imnotacodfish is offline   Reply With Quote