Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-25-2006, 11:35 AM   #1
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
My Mood:
Looking for diet...

Not really a weight-loss diet, just a "what to eat" type diet. DS is breastfed and I make his babyfood out of all organic fruits and veggies. But then DH and I got to talking about it, and we eat terribly. So what a waste it would be for me to put so much emphasis on giving him all healthy foods, and then when he starts eating what we eat, have it go to you-know-where.

So what we're looking for is basically just...well, some basic meal ideas. Something like, "you can have one boiled egg, 2 pieces of toast, and a bowl of oatmeal" for breakfast, and have several options for each meal, plus some good ideas for snacks during the day. Probably our biggest problem is that we eat breakfast (or lunch, since we get up pretty late on DH's days off), then go into town to do our running around. We might get a snack wrap from McDonalds or something, but then we come home and don't do anything until dinner. After dinner, not eating all day kinda catches up with us, and we end up having several snacks between dinner and bed. So I think a structured meal plan might help. Any idea where I can find one?

Tiffani wife of Wes 11/16/02, Partner of Jamie and David
SAHM to Xander 4/5/06, Jaime 1/20/09,
and Malcolm 11/15/10
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:40 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Looking for diet...

You might want to try It gives you a menu list for the week, and you can swap around meals, etc. My SO and I tried a few of the dinners, very yummy!
All of my items are from a smoke and pet free home!

Like to read? Want something new? Come join us in the March Used Book Swap!
AshersMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:22 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

I know you said that you didn't want a diet, but WW has worked for a lot of families and their food is normal foods.
Misti- Mommy to my smart, HSed, BFed, PLed, healthy eating, 4 year old Mamma's boy.

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:29 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Body for life is a pretty easy one. You don't have to buy any EAS or Myoplex stuff to do it. Their website has a really easy shopping list and recipes.
DS John July 31/2006
DD Kathleen September 14/2008
DD Maria November 2/2010

New baby coming March 2013!
babydirtybike is offline   Reply With Quote