Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
0351wife
Registered Users

BM ice cream

http://www.wptz.com/news/17539127/detail.html seen this and wanted to share! what do u mamas think

Advertisement

Old 09-25-2008, 09:51 AM   #2
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Re: BM ice cream

Hmmmm... seems odd. I guess if it's pasteurized, it shouldn't be a health problem as far as if the mama had any diseases. But it seems like it would be difficult to get enough milk. Cows make a ton more milk than people. Also, while mommies with babes might be willing to buy ice cream made with breast milk, I don't imagine that the general public would be too keen on the idea...

On the other hand, we often make our own ice cream, and it never occured to me to use breastmilk. Maybe I'll do that next time as a special treat for my kids
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:58 AM   #3
0351wife
Registered Users

i dont think the company is going to go through wiht it...but Peta sent them a letter telling them thye should do it! and there was a video most ppl said its ok for kids to eat but i woudlnt eat it.....
Old 09-25-2008, 10:21 AM   #4
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

I can just imagine the thoughts running through whoever from B&J read that letter. I cannot imagine that they would do it. An interesting idea, though. I think I would buy some for my babes as long as I knew that the milk was pasteurized.
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote