Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2008, 10:58 AM   #21
Bobbysmamak8
Registered Users
seller

Location: Georgia, but half of my heart is stationed in Louisiana!
My Mood:
Re: You know you may be raising "crunchy' kids when...

[QUOTE=jpicasso;4905895]-when your DD (21 months) pulls a soda can out of the trash (that was accidentally thrown in) and proceeds to move it to the recycling bin

yep my 14 mo old did this at my mom's the other day!

Advertisement

Old 09-27-2008, 11:19 AM   #22
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

These are great!

My daughters "breastfed" all their dolls when they were younger. My son is 17 months old and still doesn't know to tilt his head back to drink, like he would have learned how to do if he had been given a bottle.

The kids know you don't have to go to the hospital to have a baby. They don't know that a LOT of kids don't see their parents all day but have to spend the day at day care. They know how evaluate their own needs and wants and end up deciding that they either really don't need something or that it would take too much time and gas money to go and get it. They are used to being able to help me clean because we don't use any harsh commercial cleaners. My girls know not to draw on clean paper, not to run much water in the tub, and to blow their noses on the hankies I made.

There are just a whole lot of things that are just part of our life. Too many to name!

There are probably a lot of things that are part of our daily life that I don't even think about since I was raised semi-crunchy too.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:39 AM   #23
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

-Your 3 week old starts fussing and your 5 year old stomps his foot and insists: "Pull up your shirt and let her drink milk from your nipple, Mommy!"
-Your 3 month old starts fussing and your now 6 year old says, "Aww, do you need to visit your breast friend?"
-Upon emptying the dishwasher your 6 yo hands you a pump part and declares, "Milk sucker."
-17 month old gets a thrill out of throwing empty plastic milk jugs in the recycle bin-and knows that's where they go.
-Your 6 year old pulls a shampoo bottle out of the bathroom trash and demands to know why it's not in the recycle. (Honey, it doesn't have the right number on the bottom.)
-Your 17 month old jumps for joy when you show her the newest fleece diaper cover you made for her while she was napping.
-Your 6 year old lectures his aunt and uncle on the dangers of smoking and eating food with high fat content.

OK. I'll stop there. But you get the point.

(I keep waiting for my 17 month old to nurse her babies, but nothing yet. )
Old 09-27-2008, 11:42 AM   #24
Jordan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellemomx3 View Post
These are great!

My daughters "breastfed" all their dolls when they were younger. My son is 17 months old and still doesn't know to tilt his head back to drink, like he would have learned how to do if he had been given a bottle.

The kids know you don't have to go to the hospital to have a baby. They don't know that a LOT of kids don't see their parents all day but have to spend the day at day care. They know how evaluate their own needs and wants and end up deciding that they either really don't need something or that it would take too much time and gas money to go and get it. They are used to being able to help me clean because we don't use any harsh commercial cleaners. My girls know not to draw on clean paper, not to run much water in the tub, and to blow their noses on the hankies I made.

There are just a whole lot of things that are just part of our life. Too many to name!

There are probably a lot of things that are part of our daily life that I don't even think about since I was raised semi-crunchy too.
My DS is 17 months too and doesn't understand this either!
Old 09-27-2008, 01:00 PM   #25
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wHEN YOUR 18MO OLD GOES AROUND THE HOSUE LOOKING FOR THINGS TO PUT IN THE RECYCLE BIN OR WAITS FOR YOU TO FINISH A CAN OF COKE SO SHE CAN PUT IT IN THE BIN.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:21 PM   #26
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

when your 4 year old dd throws a tantrum because all the family cloth is in the wash and she has to use toilet paper. I am truly working on this one though as she needs to be used to accepting paper toilet paper when we go out or to other people's houses. She hates it!

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 01:55 PM   #27
Rosella
Registered Users
seller

... when one of your 12 month old baby's first words is 'cloth,' which is what Margo calls her cloth wipes. She loves them! She loves looking at the neat things and patterns on the fabric, loves feeling them, loves playing with them, throwing them. She does the same thing with the pile of diapers and inserts OOTD - she spends a lot of time playing with her clean AI2s.

She's a convert already!

We should remember that if a situation cannot be changed, there's no point in worrying about it. If it can be changed, there is no need to worry about it either, we should simply go about changing it. His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama

Last edited by Rosella; 09-27-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Rosella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:08 PM   #28
amrijane128
Registered Users
seller

Hehe my DD doesn't "nurse" her stuffed animals and dolls but brings them to me, rips down my shirt and makes sucking noises while her bear/baby/snake is pressed against the boob. So cute!
Old 09-27-2008, 08:32 PM   #29
jn__
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dd and ds have a bunch of "babies" they take care of (dolls ) and I have given them a bunch of old newborn diapers for them... which they change, and then bring upstairs to their little house that has a washer, stove and sink; and "wash" the cloth diapers before putting them back on the babies
Old 09-27-2008, 08:52 PM   #30
hippydippymama
Registered Users
seller

When you forget your cloth grocery bags for a trip to the store, and once you're out the door about to leave, your kid looks in the stroller basket and says, "Mommy! Where are your bags!"

When your SON breastfeeds his dolls and stuffed animals.

When your baby is fussy and your eldest says, "You give him nimmins (boob), Mommy, make him happy?"

When he knows what goes in the recycle bin without being told.

When he doesn't know how to use toilet paper.

When he takes a sposie out of a package thoughtfully purchased by Grandma, wrinkles up his nose and laughs, "This is a funny diaper!"

When he gets excited to see a new stack of freshly-sewn cloth pads for my store sitting on my desk and rubs his face on the velour backing.

Last edited by hippydippymama; 09-27-2008 at 08:54 PM.
hippydippymama is offline   Reply With Quote