Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2008, 07:53 AM   #121
Admin
Administrator ~The Tech Admin~
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyk8 View Post
This happened to me this morning. It only showed the background and DS across the top and then went to multiple pop ups wanting to install and anti spyware anti phishing device. I ended up having to shut down the internet to get it gone.
Thanks for the update. We are still working on the issue and will keep everyone updated.

If you are posting problem reports in this thread can you please specify what browser you have and your anti-virus/spyware if you have it installed. Also, if you happen to be affected, please take a screen shot! This is the most effective way for us to track down the offending ad!

You can take a screen shot by pressing 'PrintScreen' or 'PrtScrn' on your keyboard. Then, open MS Word and press 'CTRL-C' to copy the image into a Word document. If you have screen shots, please PM me!

Thanks!

Advertisement

Last edited by Admin; 10-06-2008 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:18 AM   #122
EliseNT
Registered Users

Re: malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today.

I have Firefox version 3.0.3 with AdBlock Plus installed, and we have McAfee.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:26 AM   #123
desisay
Registered Users

My Mood:

This has happened to me a couple of times too. My screen turns red and there is a warning message that looks like it's coming from Windows. It is trying to get me to install an anti-spyware program. I am using the newest Mozilla and I have the free AVG antivirus. Thanks for working on this!
Old 10-06-2008, 08:46 AM   #124
Admin
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

We have disabled all the ads except Google and DS site sponsors.

We are going to monitor the feedback with the ads off and then one by one we will turn each ad network back on, to see if we can get the culprit.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:03 AM   #125
eco-baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by desisay View Post
This has happened to me a couple of times too. My screen turns red and there is a warning message that looks like it's coming from Windows. It is trying to get me to install an anti-spyware program. I am using the newest Mozilla and I have the free AVG antivirus. Thanks for working on this!
That is exactly what happened to me, when I cliced cancel it kept going I had to just shut down...so far so good since you were working on it, thanks
Old 10-06-2008, 09:20 AM   #126
douxmusique
Registered Users

My Mood:

this is the second diaper swappers has infected my computer.... i've had this computer for four years and never had any issues at all. i ended up have to reboot my whole system a few weeks ago.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:23 AM   #127
InnerFlowerChild
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
We have disabled all the ads except Google and DS site sponsors.

We are going to monitor the feedback with the ads off and then one by one we will turn each ad network back on, to see if we can get the culprit.
I know this is going to make a lot of people happy...I hope you find it soon. Thanks so much for your help!!

Thirty-One Gifts Independent Consultant

Old 10-06-2008, 09:25 AM   #128
Admin
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by douxmusique View Post
this is the second diaper swappers has infected my computer.... i've had this computer for four years and never had any issues at all. i ended up have to reboot my whole system a few weeks ago.
Hi,

We just made some changes to help track down the problem, in a nutshell we have disabled almost all the ads on the site to help track down the problem. The ads were turned off around 11AM, so if we are seeing issues after that period it would be good to confirm it.

Did your issue just occur or was this something that happened in the last couple days?

Thanks.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:12 AM   #129
mamajulestotwo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got a similar msg the other day. Can somone with puter knowledge pls pm me....dh isnt home and I want to run some anti spywear program!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:32 AM   #130
lilepad
Registered Users

My Mood:

So glad that this is being looked into. Firefox and Chrome have both caught the problem several times and blocked me from entering DS due to "antispyware.com".

Haven't seen it since 11 am though.