Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2008, 10:51 AM   #131
mamajulestotwo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today.

Ok, are we any safer if we are site supporters with no pop-ups?

Advertisement

Old 10-06-2008, 11:21 AM   #132
honeybunmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today.

This happened to me this morning before 8am central. I'm running Safari on my Mac. Fortunately, it just closed the page down and not the program. I was able to continue surfing the net. I'll see when I get home if there was any damage. I'll have to run my ani-virus program. Can't remember what it is.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:28 AM   #133
Admin
Administrator ~The Tech Admin~
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
This happened to me this morning before 8am central. I'm running Safari on my Mac. Fortunately, it just closed the page down and not the program. I was able to continue surfing the net. I'll see when I get home if there was any damage. I'll have to run my ani-virus program. Can't remember what it is.
Macs typically don't get viruses or are targeted the same way Windows computers are, but let us know if you find anything. At the worst it will close your browser, which is exactly what happened.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:28 AM   #134
Admin
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajulestotwo View Post
Ok, are we any safer if we are site supporters with no pop-ups?
If you have ads displaying on your pages.. you are in the same boat. If you don't have any ads, you are good
Old 10-06-2008, 12:32 PM   #135
dusklove
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hmmm,
THis happened last night on my home computer and I was afraid to come back on here. but, now it's not happening.
Hope it gets resolved! haha, DH will not let me on the computer anymore if not.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #136
InnerFlowerChild
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have mostly been using firefox today with adblocker with no probs. I have been surfing some on explorer with the ads over the last hour or so with no probs.

Thirty-One Gifts Independent Consultant

Old 10-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #137
Admin
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the updates. Our plan is to turn a group of ads on every 4-5 hours in hopes of isolating the group that is causing the issues.

We will be turning on the next group at 3PM EST.

Last edited by Admin; 10-06-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:12 PM   #138
orangepiggyslittledog
Registered Users

It got me last night.
We use firefox and have no ads here. Weve got a really good add blocker.
We run Avast antivirus. My dh is a computer geek (builds - repairs -certified) and has all the safe guards in place and what not and we still got it.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:45 PM   #139
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got one today using IE but our McAffee spotted it and contained it and DH was able to delete it.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:10 PM   #140
mommy2alex2004
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All of the worms and spyware that my anti-virus caught were either quarantined or left alone. I need someone to tell me how to clean them since my computer says it can't when I click on "clean." When I got them, I was running IE but have symantec antivirus and also zone alarm (though the antivirus on that isn't on because of symantec).

I hope this is cleared up soon.
Ask me how!
Closed Thread