Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2008, 02:45 PM   #141
Admin
Administrator ~The Tech Admin~
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelolsen-and-Padawan View Post
I got one today using IE but our McAffee spotted it and contained it and DH was able to delete it.
Can you remember what time this took place?

Advertisement

Old 10-06-2008, 02:53 PM   #142
Monzie
Registered Users

Re: malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Can you remember what time this took place?
I got attacked today at around 9 am CST, if that helps narrow things down for you...
Old 10-06-2008, 03:35 PM   #143
kaspears17
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a pop-up blocker and firewall. I keep getting this message at the top of my screen. Of course I don't click on it, but thought you should know.

"This website wants to run the following add-on ‘viewpoint media player for internet explorer’ from ‘viewpoint corporation (unverified publisher)’ If you trust the website and the add-on and want to allow it to run, click here…"
Old 10-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #144
karmamama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got that same one just a minute ago, trying to go from my inbox to the main page...I got a screen shot but I can't get it to paste here Anyways, the ad at the top was for Starz.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:17 PM   #145
Admin
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzie View Post
I got attacked today at around 9 am CST, if that helps narrow things down for you...
That is quite helpful.. we are looking for any reports after 11AM EST (10AM CST)
Old 10-06-2008, 04:19 PM   #146
Admin
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspears17 View Post
I have a pop-up blocker and firewall. I keep getting this message at the top of my screen. Of course I don't click on it, but thought you should know.

"This website wants to run the following add-on ‘viewpoint media player for internet explorer’ from ‘viewpoint corporation (unverified publisher)’ If you trust the website and the add-on and want to allow it to run, click here…"
This may be related but it doesn't ring the same kinds of bells.. thanks for posting though.

Edit: Viewpoint looks legit and is used to display 3-d virtual type ads. Naturally, you don't need to install this

From their site:

What is Viewpoint Media Player?

Viewpoint Media Player is a web browser plug-in that enables users to view 3D content and other rich media, such as Flash® content and video, on the Internet. Viewpoint Media Player is the graphics engine for AOL® Instant Greetings™, AIM Themes and other popular web applications. Viewpoint Media Player is distributed with AOL, AIM, versions of Netscape™, certain Adobe® products, and some retail computers sold today.

Many companies, ranging from online retailers to auto manufacturers, use Viewpoint Media Player as the graphics platform for interactive 3D tours of their products. Viewpoint Media Player powers product tours of the Toyota 4Runner and Sony laptop, desktop, and server computing products.

Last edited by Admin; 10-06-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #147
aecryan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No problems for me today at all! thanks!
Old 10-06-2008, 04:27 PM   #148
Admin
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aecryan View Post
No problems for me today at all! thanks!
Glad to hear it! But when you do please post in here ASAP

We will be turning on the remaining ad groups later and expect the issue to return, but will allow us to pinpoint it and report the ad to the proper network.

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #149
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nothing so far today (6:08 MST)--except the giant pop-up Circuit City ad that didn't let me click on the announcement for a while, that is No weird audio or downloading yet.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #150
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

yep, me too. strange windows keep randomly popping up and i can't get them to stop. i didn't think it was from here, but good to know i guess, now if only i could get it fixed?....
Closed Thread