Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #11
weaverk
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today.

mee too! i have had it happen 3 times now since yesterday. i'll have to scan my computer and see what i see.

Advertisement

Old 09-28-2008, 03:18 PM   #12
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Re: malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today.

What virus/spyware software are you all using? We use Norton and it does a weekly scan. Nothing like that has been happening to me lately, but should I be checking for something? That's scary and not good at all!
Old 09-28-2008, 03:28 PM   #13
InnerFlowerChild
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm using Webroot Spysweeper with Antivirus. I haven't had any problems so far today, but I've also been a little nervous about being online. I also disconnected my modem for a while, JIK.

I'm sorry so many of you are having the same problems, but I'm also glad it wasn't just me. Crazy stuff.

Thirty-One Gifts Independent Consultant

Old 09-28-2008, 10:09 PM   #14
mikoto127
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My stupid Norton has been popping up DAILY telling me it has blocked a worm intrusion or attempted intrusion (it bounces between the two) but I'm on a junk comp (my poor Lappy died) and I figured the comp. had a virus from whenever past that just woke up somehow (this one is just for surfing web anyway, so I didn't care HOW many viruses it had) though if I'm not the only one experiencing it, then that SUCKS that DS has a virus!! Gah! I guess I'm glad I didn't buy a site supporter now I'll have to avoid DS until the virus is gone (at least when I'm on a good computer )
Old 09-28-2008, 10:13 PM   #15
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I have been noticing this myself. DS is the only website I go to on my laptop at home - I work 10 hours a day so I do my random surfing there. And I have Norton set up to scan every morning at 3am - and for the past 5 days it has been detecting tracking cookies and then a trojan on my computer. And since DS is the only thing I have had the time to go on, on this laptop - there must be a problem
Old 10-01-2008, 04:20 PM   #16
addiesmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm STILL getting this. What the heck? I'm going to have to stay away from here if it's going to screw up my computer.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:22 PM   #17
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know alot of people on other boards who don't come to DS anymore b/c tons of spyware was loading when they came on here. So far we've been okay. I know people on DS have said its not happening, but its happening to too many people to "not be happening" KWIM? I don't know what we have that makes our computers okay. I' has the dumbz when it comes to computer safety

Last edited by Kelolsen-and-Padawan; 10-01-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #18
chickenmonkeybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelolsen-and-Padawan View Post
I know people on DS have said its not happening, but its happening to too many people to "not be happening" KWIM?
Oh yeah, it is for sure happening. I had to download Adaware to my hard drive because of it and now when I come on DS, it block's at least 14 changes trying to be made to this address. Not cool
Old 10-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #19
StayAtHomeMama
Registered Users
seller

Is that what happened to me earlier?... I went back to change the title on a FSOT that I gave away since it didn't sell, and my computer went nuts with popups and then wouldn't respond. I turned it off and haven't had problems since. DH is always running checks too, so I'm not too worried, but it was a little annoying.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #20
threekstrio
Registered Users
seller

This is happening to me today too!
I'll be watching this thread!
Thanks mamas!
Closed Thread