Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2008, 04:49 PM   #21
ggisshort
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today.

That happened to me today as well. Important tip - when you get the pop-ups, do not click it, not even the x to close. Open your task manager and shut down your explorer. This will keep you from getting the serious infections. Once you close it, run a spyware program and if you did get the infection, it should clean it. Norton does not normally pick up the spy/adware viruses.

Advertisement

Old 10-01-2008, 05:08 PM   #22
mqtmami
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggisshort View Post
That happened to me today as well. Important tip - when you get the pop-ups, do not click it, not even the x to close. Open your task manager and shut down your explorer. This will keep you from getting the serious infections. Once you close it, run a spyware program and if you did get the infection, it should clean it. Norton does not normally pick up the spy/adware viruses.

This happened to me a lot when I first started coming to this site and I did the above until I got some anti-virus programs downloaded (adaware, spybot and avg) no problems since.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:40 PM   #23
jenniferjunniper
Banned
seller

My Mood:

This started happening to me right after DS went down the other day. I keep getting weird popups, and a Trojan horse. It is coming from here, no doubt about it!! Where is our tech support? Jenn
Old 10-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #24
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wonder if it has to do with the ads?? I have never had an issue and I have AdBlock with Firefox. That's really upsetting if people are getting spyware
Old 10-01-2008, 07:16 PM   #25
InnerFlowerChild
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, so it's still happening? That makes me nervous. I haven't had anything come up since the first day I posted. I don't know enough about malware to understand what's going on, but it doesn't sound good at all. What can the techs do at DS to get it all to go away? I don't want to have to stay clear of DS, as I'm on here daily, but I will if it's going to kill my computer.

Thanks to all of you who have posted so far and for keeping us up to date on when it's happening. At least the techs at DS will see how bad it is if we continue to document it here.

Thirty-One Gifts Independent Consultant

Old 10-01-2008, 07:46 PM   #26
Jazzmin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Katherine* View Post
I wonder if it has to do with the ads?? I have never had an issue and I have AdBlock with Firefox. That's really upsetting if people are getting spyware
Since I put Adblock on my browser I have not had an issue either.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:50 PM   #27
oliviab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have to send my pc in to get the spyware removed it is so bad.It started happening to me to after it went down.I now have to pay $80 to get it fixed.Im not to happy with ds right now!! Im gonna have to stay away from the site till they fix the prob,Which is sad for me since Im on here all the time!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:18 PM   #28
InnerFlowerChild
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay, now I'm in trouble. I was using DHs laptop for a few minutes NOT THINKING, and now his is frozen and closing down! Man, I'm never on his and I get on DS for 10 minutes and it's crashing. Needless to say, he's not very happy with me. What the heck is going on!?

Thirty-One Gifts Independent Consultant

Old 10-01-2008, 08:22 PM   #29
opheliabliss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Same here!!! Twice this week
Lucy Hope 08/15/09
Old 10-02-2008, 05:10 AM   #30
Carly's Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really think a response from Juan or Lee is required here because the Mods are not the Tech Support team. This thread was started on 9/27, so I'd say the response is overdue.
Closed Thread