Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #301
PoconoPrincess
Registered Users

Exclamation Re: malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today.

It just happened to me. This is the site it brought me to DONT CLICK IT
http://performanceoptimizer.com/.lan...001f4353010d05

It happend within the last 5 mins
Browers is IE
AV is AVG by Grisoft

It popped up a screen telling me a scan was needed in order to protect my computer and no matter what you clicked on it popped up another window that displayed a fake scan inprogress...

If someone could tell me how to do a screen shot, I will gladly do it!

Advertisement

Last edited by PoconoPrincess; 10-09-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:45 PM   #302
SouthATLMom
Registered Users

Re: malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today.

This just happened to me today at 2:42. I wasn't able to get the link or screen shots but I thought you might like to know. BTW my browser is IE.

Last edited by SouthATLMom; 10-09-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:18 PM   #303
mdeveer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today.

Just got another pop-up (after it closed my browser - I have a Mac and use Safari) that read: http:// performanceoptimizer.com NOTICE: Errors in your PC can cause data loss, hardware or software failure and performance fall.
Install PerformanceOptimizer to fix errors, monitor changes and maintain PC stability!
Old 10-09-2008, 01:24 PM   #304
Taowensf
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeveer View Post
Just got another pop-up (after it closed my browser - I have a Mac and use Safari) that read: http:// performanceoptimizer.com NOTICE: Errors in your PC can cause data loss, hardware or software failure and performance fall.
Install PerformanceOptimizer to fix errors, monitor changes and maintain PC stability!
I got this exact thing when I tried to open up the Food Swap page. It was about 3:00. I couldn't shut down Firefox without clicking "ok" to install the performance optimizer thing, but then I quickly shut it down and restarted the computer. So far, no problem.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:27 PM   #305
mommy_have_it
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This info was on my AOL home page just now. This is the one that got me!
http://www.switched.com/2008/10/09/1...uter-viruses-8

(link is from my aol home page, safe to click/read). It's info on the top 12 virus/scams going around now.

Last edited by mommy_have_it; 10-09-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #306
physlet
Registered Users

This has been happening to me for the last couple of days, too! I'm glad it's DS and not my computer.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:15 PM   #307
Netsirk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This has been happening to me for days now...I didn't realize until now that it was a DS-wide problem. But it happened to me last around 2:30-3pm Eastern time. It pops up telling me about my computer needing to be scanned and then a new window pops up with pretending to scan my computer...etc. I always just close out of the windows immediately. I have Windows XP Home Edition and use McAfee as my AV protection. As soon as DS turns into this new "virus" website, McAfee pops up and tells me that this website is dangerous and not recommended.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:27 PM   #308
selinajean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just had one at 13:18 Pacific Time. I use IE and Norton. The attack was from performance optimizer dot com. I have a screen shot of the Norton report but am not going to post it as it has my IP address. If it is needed, a mod can email me please and I will reply with the word document that I saved it in.

NickNaks - Become a Fan on Facebook for news and updates.
Grand Opening coming soon! Use earlybird20 for 20% off until the grand opening bash!
Also on dotCA!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:36 PM   #309
JoeysMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm having the same problems.

And this Circuit City add is making me bananas!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #310
grrrnaymom
Registered Users

My Mood:

JUst happened again. Third time this week from "optimum performance"