Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2008, 02:58 PM   #311
mrsbesky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today.

I just logged onto Ds (4:57pm) and got an AVG virus warning. I tried to take a snapshot of the page, but I did not do it correctly. Sorry I'll try again if I get it again. I had to log off internet to get the warning to go away. Virus scan of my computer showed nothing.

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #312
m00ndancer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today.

This is what I got (it was a popup window) at approximately 4:35 pm MST when I tried to change from one page to another here on DS. I use IE and have Windows XP on my pc...

Danger: AVG Search-Shield has detected active threats on this page and has blocked access for your protection.
The page you are trying to access has been identified as a known exploit, phishing, or social engineering web site and therefore has been blocked for your safety. Without protection, such as that in the AVG Security Toolbar and AVG, your computer is at risk of being compromised, corrupted or having your identity stolen. Please follow one of the suggestions below to continue.

IP Address: antispywaremaster.com

For additional information click here.

Suggestions:

Click the “Back” button on your browser to return to the previous page and choose another link (recommended).
If you would like to ignore the warning and continue to the page, click here (not recommended)
Old 10-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #313
*LizziesLoops*
Registered Users
Formerly: angelami4
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've had it happen several times...randomly. In fact, I pulled up diaperswappers around 5:00 and didn't even have a chance to login before the ad/spyware thing came up and shut the whole IE window down (not the computer, just the IE window) and it popped up 2 or 3 things with/about it. It took a little while to get it all cleaned up. Needless to say it was very irritating.
~Amy Eddie: Heather (1/7/2007), Mikayla (11/4/2009), an angel baby (3/29/11), and Michael Edward(3/22/12) We are now expecting baby #4 in January 2014!!!

Old 10-09-2008, 06:20 PM   #314
mom2nine
Registered Users

My Mood:

I haven't been on DS for a while, but when I tried to visit, (today at 7:15pm) a message came up saying "if your computer is infected ...." blah blah and said something about click here to download antivirus stuff from antispyware master. I have a webroot virus/spyware scanner that runs everyday and this wasn't part of it. Now I see that it's not just me. Don't know if that's good or bad.
Get $10 off diapers.com with code BUSY6470

Last edited by mom2nine; 10-09-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:23 PM   #315
mom2riley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2one View Post
I have Firefox and Avast for my virus protection. I have seen a message pop up when I open various things in DS saying that this page is prohibited due to a virus being detected. I have seen it popping up when I have gone to check my inbox or update my postings.
My case exactly. I am lucky that SO rocks when it comes to computers, otherwise I would have been out of commission awhile ago. My laptop is getting it repeatedly, so I switched to SO's laptop and I get this: (@9:18)
Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for antispywaremaster.com/

What is the current listing status for antispywaremaster.com/?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 4227 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 8 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 10/08/2008, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 10/02/2008.

Malicious software includes 4333 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 1 new processes on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including safetydownload.com.

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, antispywaremaster.com/ appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 466 site(s) including champweb.net, adverdaemon.com, cb122consulting.com.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
* If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
Leilani '10

Last edited by mom2riley; 10-09-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #316
ds1997
Registered Users
Formerly: lilac0422
seller
seller

I am wondering why some with Firefox and adblock plus are fine while others running the same setup are affected. It seems like if you aren't seeing the ads then you wouldn't be affected. Hmm... Good luck everyone!!
Old 10-09-2008, 07:28 PM   #317
Made With Love
Registered Users
Formerly: babybraeden2007
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been having problems with DS for the past week....
Old 10-09-2008, 07:39 PM   #318
lemonbalm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

9:36 p.m. got bumped to circuit city twice without clicking on the ad. really intrusive, too, images crowding/moving onto the DS content prior to being bumped to circuit city in a new window.
Mac OS 10.3, running Firefox.
email me direct if you have more questions , lemonbalm2 at yahoo do tcom
Old 10-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #319
ladybug6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Was not really paying attention, but it was 9:45pm running Internet explorer (I am not really up on computer info ) It tried to install a spyware program.
Expecting #4 4/4/2011
Old 10-09-2008, 07:56 PM   #320
mommabear2one
Registered Users

My Mood:

Circuit City Ads seem to be causing a lot of issues..I just went to update my listing and ended up with I don't know what popping all over my screen along with being sent to Circuit City when I didn't click on anything. I had to shut that tab down and start over..
Closed Thread