Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2008, 06:33 AM   #31
jenniferjunniper
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today.

I agree Carlys mom!!

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2008, 07:24 AM   #32
BeachMommyOfTwo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: malicious software trying to install on my computer while surfing on DS 2x today.

Yes, Ive been waiting for a response b/c its doing the same thing on my computer. I had our pop up blocker disabled for a while and every time I logged on to DS it would pop up with x rated content. Now I have the pop up blocker enabled and it still does it. Its to the point where I have to close down all programs Im currently using b/c it freezes them and then open them back up..

It only happens if Im surfing DS...
Old 10-02-2008, 08:24 AM   #33
aecryan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviab View Post
I have to send my pc in to get the spyware removed it is so bad.It started happening to me to after it went down.I now have to pay $80 to get it fixed.Im not to happy with ds right now!! Im gonna have to stay away from the site till they fix the prob,Which is sad for me since Im on here all the time!
Me too! I downloaded some new spyware with antivirus and it recognizes the bug, but it is not eradicating it. Frustrating! I am on my laptop right now and if my husband knew about it, he would not be impressed.

I don't know if there is anything that the techs can do. The "hackers" will just reinfect ds. I think the best thing we can do is not click on questionable links and get some good spyware/adware with antivirus.

My husband read that the hackers make money from advertising companies when they are able to get our computers to "click" on advertisements. That is exactly what my virus is doing. It hijacked my internet browser and opens up 10 advertisements as soon as I log onto the internet. It will just keep going unless I shut it down. It really sucks!

I hope my tech guy can get my cpu figured out and make it bulletproof bc I can't imagine life without ds at this point.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:28 AM   #34
Juan M
Boo Yah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly's Mommy View Post
I really think a response from Juan or Lee is required here because the Mods are not the Tech Support team. This thread was started on 9/27, so I'd say the response is overdue.
We have been notified of this issue but I am waiting for a screenshot of the issue. There is no malicious spyware or malware being sent to our members from this site. My thoughts is that there is an ad that is causing this problem.

If any of you ladies get the error, send me the screenshot.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:45 AM   #35
Lee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Please do send us the screenshots. It is DEFINITELY tied to crummy ads. I have shared this before and will do it again, but basically we work with multiple ad networks. Occassionally these ad networks get a new advertiser that solely intends to break the rules and try to spread malware / adware / spyware. The networks do not allow this and crack down on it quickly. As we all know however, spammers / scammers are tricky. They can continually try to get through and find loopholes. We can kill these bad ads ONLY IF you send us these screenshots.

Thanks for your understanding!
Old 10-02-2008, 09:52 AM   #36
InnerFlowerChild
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure what kind of screenshots you guys need from us. When my computer goes wacky, it ends up freezing and I have to restart. I'm not getting errors, I'm not having problems with pop up ads, my system just freezes most of the time. Then I have to completely shut down (by the button, and not the start menu do to it being frozen). The only information that I had that was "share worthy" was what I put in red in the original post. I was notified by my software that it was attempting to install while I was on DS.

Thanks for posting back to us. This whole situation has been very frustrating.

Thirty-One Gifts Independent Consultant

Last edited by InnerFlowerChild; 10-02-2008 at 12:11 PM. Reason: added info
Old 10-02-2008, 10:49 AM   #37
baylandria
Registered Users

I just wanted to add that this has happened 2Xs to me recently.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:09 PM   #38
Ellowyn
Registered Users

My Mood:

Same thing happening to me. I have school age kids in the house, so it's really bad.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:33 PM   #39
InnerFlowerChild
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay, I captured some screen shots and pasted them in a word document. How do I get them to you???

Thirty-One Gifts Independent Consultant

Old 10-02-2008, 01:40 PM   #40
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You would probably need to paste them in paint, save and then upload or email them. When you upload them, don't resize them because then it will be hard to see. HTH!
Closed Thread