Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2006, 05:46 AM   #1
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Kissaluvs Sz 0 for newborns?

Anyone used them? How did they work for you?
I'm probably going to be having a small baby...around 6ish pounds. So, I'm not sure how they are going to work!
Thanks ladies!

Advertisement

png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:48 AM   #2
chunkymonkey'smomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Kissaluvs Sz 0 for newborns?

I haven't used them yet, but have heard they are a great fit for little babes on up! The only negative I have heard is they wet through quickly...HTH!
chunkymonkey'smomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:22 AM   #3
MammaGehl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we use them and they are great! our baby was 7lb 5oz at birth. they do wet through, but they have never leaked. We have about a dozen of them and you can find good deals on the fitteds board.
MammaGehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:37 AM   #4
mommy22peanuts
Registered Users
seller

We had a dozen and a half kissaluvs for my DD who was 6 1/2lbs at birth. They fit her well and I never had a leak...however they were extremely bulky on her and they did soak through pretty fast so she always had to have a cover on. I think I'll use them again next time, but I also want to mix it up a bit and branch out!!
Old 04-23-2006, 01:27 PM   #5
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks guys!
I had heard about them soaking through quickly...but thought just maybe it might not be a "universal" thing!
My DS was super pee-er...so I don't know if they will work!

Another question....I bought Kissaluvs Sz 1 for my DS(didn't start CD until 3 mths old) and they worked well! BUT they were hugely bulky and took FORRRR-EV-ER to dry! Have you found this to be the same with the sz 0's???
Thanks!!!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:29 PM   #6
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey'smomma
I haven't used them yet, but have heard they are a great fit for little babes on up! The only negative I have heard is they wet through quickly...HTH!
^yeahthat^
I used them on DS starting when he was 3 days old and he wet one KL0 through within 1 hr. I didn't use any doublers though, so maybe that'd have been different? Other than that I loved them; you just need many of them! LOL
Old 04-23-2006, 01:33 PM   #7
My2punkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy22peanuts
We had a dozen and a half kissaluvs for my DD who was 6 1/2lbs at birth. They fit her well and I never had a leak...however they were extremely bulky on her and they did soak through pretty fast so she always had to have a cover on. I think I'll use them again next time, but I also want to mix it up a bit and branch out!!

Same here except I had about 15 in rotation and my dd was 8lbs, 15 oz at birth. We used them for about 5 wks
Old 04-23-2006, 01:43 PM   #8
LimeInTheCoconut
Registered Users

They worked great for us. I was kind of looking around, ordering a few dipes here and there while pg, and when the kissaluvs arrived, my dh said, "I like those!" So, I bought 24 more of them! Anything to encourage the dh!!

We used them from dipe 1 with ds, and up until a couple of weeks ago, we were still using them at home. (We used those and infant pfs under wool. I used pfs, dh used kissaluvs.) Since he's been bigger (2-3 mos.), he pees through them in one pee. But it's not really a big deal when we're home, we just change him when he pees.

We started phasing in OS Mutts when he was about 2.5 months old for going out, and we've just switched to those and regular pfs full time now. The kissaluvs will be saved for the next baby!

HTH!
LimeInTheCoconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:53 PM   #9
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I love, love, love Kissaluvs for newborns! I used them on my son and the bulk of my stash for the next babe is made up of these. The only problem we had is that while my son could still wear them at 2 months old, that's when he started leaking through them. I didn't try using doublers or anything, but I might this time.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:12 PM   #10
treecitydiapers
Registered Users

Swaddlebees newborn OVs are going to hit the market soon... I'd get some of those

They are trimmer, more absorbant and dry faster then kissaluv 0's