Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2008, 10:03 PM   #21
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: anyone else BF'ing after age 1 (or planning to)?

I am! Dd2 turned one this month and we are still nursing a ton . And she needs to keep nursing because I got a 18-24 mo "Stick Around For The Show: I Nurse In Public" shirt for her . Aiming for CLW right now!

SO much nicer than the nursing for 2 weeks with dd1.

Advertisement

Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:07 AM   #22
jessielove
Registered Users

CLWers here, too. My daughter will be 3 in two weeks and is quite happy nursing.

Nursing an imaginative talker comes with its own range of fun. If I tell her she has to wait a few minutes she'll ask, "Is bewbie milk still mixing?" and then push on each one and say "Stop! Stop! Okay, I stopped them, they're all mixed up and ready for baby me to drink!" She'll also give me hugs and cuddles and say, "I love my bewbies milks. Thank you giving me bewbies milks!" So darn cute! I would probably have been happy with her weaning some time ago, but when she loves something so much and it's not hurting her {and giving her and I both health benefits} how can I say no? We'll continue until we're both ready to stop.

Monkey Dance::Store Blog::Family Blog
jessielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:57 AM   #23
lulusmom
Keepin' it Crunchy!
seller

My Mood:

Dd is almost 14 months and still going strong. We're planning to nurse as long as she wants to.

Helen-Natural birthing, extended bf'ing, cosleeping, non-vaxxin' mama to Holly Lu 8/18/07
lulusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:05 AM   #24
taralee2001
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessielove View Post
CLWers here, too. My daughter will be 3 in two weeks and is quite happy nursing.

Nursing an imaginative talker comes with its own range of fun. If I tell her she has to wait a few minutes she'll ask, "Is bewbie milk still mixing?" and then push on each one and say "Stop! Stop! Okay, I stopped them, they're all mixed up and ready for baby me to drink!" She'll also give me hugs and cuddles and say, "I love my bewbies milks. Thank you giving me bewbies milks!" So darn cute! I would probably have been happy with her weaning some time ago, but when she loves something so much and it's not hurting her {and giving her and I both health benefits} how can I say no? We'll continue until we're both ready to stop.

That is so sweet. In some ways I can't wait until DD is old enough to talk and ask for it and talk to me about nursing. DH thinks that's weird and I'm crazy, it's a good thing she's only 3 months now so I have a little while to get him more used to the idea of extended breastfeeding.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:26 AM   #25
HadassahSukkot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are leaning towards CLW. 4 months and going strong, no intent to stop until 1-2 years... He'll be starting kindergarten around 3, so he will need to be at least partially weaned by then

HadassahSukkot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:40 AM   #26
jessielove
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by taralee2001 View Post
That is so sweet. In some ways I can't wait until DD is old enough to talk and ask for it and talk to me about nursing. DH thinks that's weird and I'm crazy, it's a good thing she's only 3 months now so I have a little while to get him more used to the idea of extended breastfeeding.
I think my husband was a little freaked out by the thought at first. He has always been supportive of breastfeeding, but our first two children were weaned to formula by the time they were two months old. By the time the third was born I was determined to nurse her for as long as she wanted. She weaned at 27 months, mostly because I was pregnant and my supply dropped drastically. At that point Dh was making noises about maybe I should wean her, isn't she getting a bit old, etc. I pointed him in the direction of the studies done and challeneged him to give me a good, inarguable reason to wean her. I said that if he could out debate me on the subject I would cold turkey wean her. Fourth baby is almost three and he has done a total 180 on the subject. Now he's very supportive of sustained nursing and encourages Ali to nurse as long as she wants to.

Monkey Dance::Store Blog::Family Blog
jessielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:41 AM   #27
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS is 19mos tomorrow and still loves his nursies. In fact, when I lift my shirt to nurse him, he now smiles really big and hugs them before nursing. We only nurse a few times a day now, including the 1.5hr marathon nursing session every evening when I get home from work.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:15 AM   #28
bellarose4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

14 months here!
#3 12/05/10
bellarose4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:34 AM   #29
Doodlebrainette
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We practice CLW. Since DS is my only nursling at the moment, I'll focus on him. Ds is 3 and still nurses before going to sleep at night. CLW for DS has just been very gradual. I didn't even realize he was down to once at night until a few weeks ago. He just kind of began to switch over from asking to nurse if he was bored, thirsty, hungry, etc. to replacing it with other things (asking to play with me, getting his own drink, asking for a snack). The one area he sticks to pretty firmly is his 2-3 min nursing at bedtime.
Doodlebrainette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:36 AM   #30
pbresolin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS is 2.5 and DD will be 1 in November and there's no sign of them stopping.