Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
thecowgirl
Registered Users

Location: Coupons & Freebies Mom, sharing freebies & deals! www.couponsandfreebiesmom.com
My Mood:
what age did/will you start potty training?

hi mamas, what age did/will you start potty training? i have no real clue about when to start, so would love to hear your experiences.

Advertisement

"Like" Coupons & Freebies Mom on Facebook for more HOT FREEBIES!
thecowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:22 PM   #2
jtambone
Registered Users

Re: what age did/will you start potty training?

I started at 19 months. Within a month she was pretty consistent with using the potty. She has been in panties ever since we started training. I never did trainers. She is almost 21 months now and she is doing awesome! She has about 1 half accident a day (she doesn't remember till she starts to pee, but she stops and comes to get me then finishes on the potty).

For a couple weeks there she refused to poop on the potty, but all of a sudden she started doing that again...LOL
jtambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:46 PM   #3
thecowgirl
Registered Users

Location: Coupons & Freebies Mom, sharing freebies & deals! www.couponsandfreebiesmom.com
My Mood:

were you doing any type of EC before this?

Old 10-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #4
maren
Registered Users
seller

I introduced the potty chair to my DD when she was about 18 months then when she was about 22 months we started to train she was completely day trained a week before she turned 2 she still wears a diaper at bed time because she will wake up wet about 2 times a week.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:40 PM   #5
thecowgirl
Registered Users

My Mood:

awesome, congrats!

Old 10-03-2008, 01:20 AM   #6
Cekimon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we started at the end of july. i had the potty chair for a whole year and he had gone in it when we first got it but we never really pushed the issue. after his 2nd b-day i kept getting tons of mixed advice - some said to just let him do it on his own ...that kids will do it over night when they decide on their own and you don't have to teach or train them to do it - they will just do it on their own if you let them. then i was getting other advice saying to make them do it, force them to sit every two hours and so on...

we kind of went with a happy medium approach and even though we started about 8 weeks ago, we took a huge step back from it after our initial attempts and when we tried again, it just seemed to click with him and the last week has been super good.

In observing other members of DH's family... I've noticed the kids potty train very late... like approaching age 4. I wasn't trying to be super mom and have him trained by age 2, but I was really hoping to avoid grown-up like poo for that many years. my son is a big boy and it's no fun changing those huge diapers. yuck. i'm not missing it at all!!

short answer: DS was 2years and about 3 months
Cekimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:51 AM   #7
lovespepper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

2 years for all of them....I am currently working on my ds (just turned 2) and he's doing well.
lovespepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:05 PM   #8
WearingJax
Registered Users
seller

i started when my little guy told me he was going potty in his diaper, i figured if he knew, then i could do it in the potty and we were right, we only ever had one or two accidents! (it was shortly after he turned two). i think it relieves a lot of frustration if you wait until they're ready. Also, we did have a potty chair in our real bathroom for quite a while so he'd be used to it.
WearingJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:35 PM   #9
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm not going to start until 4.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:16 AM   #10
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

We did very, very part time EC on and off from about 5 months until whenever it turned into PLing.

When ds was about 18 months I started asking him if he wanted to go potty a LOT. He will pee every time I encourage him to try, and he has pooped twice (he's 20 months now, so in the past 2 months). But, he won't tell me when he needs to go and he doesn't tell me when he's wet. He does tell me when he has pooped. Every time I take his diaper off he gets up and runs naked to his potty screaming "Pee-pee potty! Henry pee-pee potty! Just like Joshua!" Its hilarious. (Joshua is in Once Upon a Potty)

So, short answer - we started involving his potty in our lives on an hourly basis around 18 months. I still don't think he's going to PL before he's two - but I'm okay with that. I'm not pressuring him, I just want him to be comfortable with the concept.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote