Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-30-2008, 02:59 PM   #1
thecowgirl
Registered Users

Location: Coupons & Freebies Mom, sharing freebies & deals! www.couponsandfreebiesmom.com
My Mood:
what works and what DOESN'T!

any mamas out there have tips on what works and what DOESN'T for potty training? any and all tips are appreciated!

Advertisement

"Like" Coupons & Freebies Mom on Facebook for more HOT FREEBIES!
thecowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
maren
Registered Users
seller

Re: what works and what DOESN'T!

training pants didn't work for us my daughter would use them just like they were a diaper even called them diapers so we just went right to undies.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:40 PM   #3
thecowgirl
Registered Users

Location: Coupons & Freebies Mom, sharing freebies & deals! www.couponsandfreebiesmom.com
My Mood:

good to know, thanks!

Old 10-01-2008, 09:30 PM   #4
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree, training pants = diaper to my dd. Of course, for a while, so did underwear. If she was wearing anything on her girly bits, she'd pee/poo in it. So at first, for us, nekkid! That helped a lot.

What did not work--putting her back in a diaper when we have to go out or people come over when she is only half trained. It gives her the option of pee in a diaper or use the potty, and of course the diaper is easier. So she starts to cry for diapers. So this time, we just said now you're 3, you're a big girl, no diapers. She wore two more diapers that evening (with dh because he didn't know where her undies were) and no more diapers so far, and it's been over a week. We just let her go naked at night, with a fleece blanket, and she has gone overnight dry/using the potty, and sometimes she pees, but I think putting a diaper on her would set her backwards again, so I'd rather wash a blanket and keep her in potty-mode. She has a waterproof sheet on her bed too.

Oh, we tried charts, candy, putting her on the potty, etc, and the candy helped to get her started but then she kept going back and forth for a couple of months so when she had her third birthday we took away the diapers. She asked for diapers a couple of time but we just told her she's an awesome big girl now and she doesn't use diapers. (We don't make a huuuge deal out of using the potty, as that seems to make her stop, but I'll give her a hug or tell her she's an awesome big girl for using the potty, and occasionally give her a candy, or we'll do a goofy happy dance, lol. And if she pees on the floor she helps clean it up but we don't get super-mad, just "honey, you're a big girl, where does peepee go" and she'll yell "on the potty!" ( accidents have been rare, and usually within a short distance of the potty, like she just didn't quite make it in time).
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:14 PM   #5
thecowgirl
Registered Users

My Mood:

thanks for the ideas!