Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #481
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposablue
I love this one but usually add a packet of taco seasoning (or homemade usually). I also put in corn and black beans at times. I usually do slow for 8 hours as it's on while I'm at work.
This is a go to meal here. Chicken, salsa, green chilies.

Turns into taco, enchiladas, rice and bean bowls, tortilla soup.... Sooo good.

Advertisement

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #482
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Bookmarking!!
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:56 PM   #483
rashell
Registered Users
seller

Re: What's your fav. crock pot recipe?

I mainly use my crock pot to make yogurt or beans.
rashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:34 AM   #484
JayDee38
Registered Users

My Mood:

Chicken Stew

1lb of chicken cut up in chunks
5 carrots peeled and cut into medallions
4-5 celery stalks cut
4-5 yukon gold potatoes cut into chunks
1 large can of tomato puree
1/2 cup of water
salt, pepper, onion powder, oregano

Place in crockpot on low for 7-8 hours
JayDee38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:46 AM   #485
cutestbabyboy
Registered Users
seller

My favorite thing I use the crock pot for is a perpetual pot of bone broth. It makes it SO easy to have this nutritious food on hand at all times. It will help keep your family from getting sick. To make bone broth...

Add bones, whatever you have on hand, chicken, beef, turkey, goat, rabbit, duck, it doesn't matter! If you have access to the feet, head, and necks, it will make your broth even more nutritious, (sounds awful, I know, but I promise, you'll love the flavor and health benefits of it.)

I like to use these basic additions but you don't have to, just bones and sea salt is enough!

Carrots, Celery, Onion, Garlic, Thyme, Bay Leaf, Rosemary

I also like to add a dash of raw organic apple cider vinegar as the acid helps to draw out the minerals of the bones

For a extra boost, I throw in a turmeric root. Turmeric has so many health boosting qualities, anti inflammatory being just one.

Don't put any greens into your bone broth, save those for the actual soup, they will make the broth bitter.

Let it cook at a low simmer for 24 hours, take some off and then add more water and do another batch, you can use chicken bones about three times and beef bones 10! You don't have to throw them away after the first use.
cutestbabyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:04 AM   #486
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutestbabyboy View Post
My favorite thing I use the crock pot for is a perpetual pot of bone broth. It makes it SO easy to have this nutritious food on hand at all times. It will help keep your family from getting sick. To make bone broth...

Add bones, whatever you have on hand, chicken, beef, turkey, goat, rabbit, duck, it doesn't matter! If you have access to the feet, head, and necks, it will make your broth even more nutritious, (sounds awful, I know, but I promise, you'll love the flavor and health benefits of it.)

I like to use these basic additions but you don't have to, just bones and sea salt is enough!

Carrots, Celery, Onion, Garlic, Thyme, Bay Leaf, Rosemary

I also like to add a dash of raw organic apple cider vinegar as the acid helps to draw out the minerals of the bones

For a extra boost, I throw in a turmeric root. Turmeric has so many health boosting qualities, anti inflammatory being just one.

Don't put any greens into your bone broth, save those for the actual soup, they will make the broth bitter.

Let it cook at a low simmer for 24 hours, take some off and then add more water and do another batch, you can use chicken bones about three times and beef bones 10! You don't have to throw them away after the first use.
Oh Yeah! I make broth ALL the time and then pressure can it so I have it on hand for cooking... homemade chicken broth is awesome in mashed potatoes!
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:19 AM   #487
tiffanymustain
Registered Users

I use either chicken breast or thigh and a can of cream of chicken soup. Literally that's all, in the crock pot for a few he's. Then make rice and your done!
tiffanymustain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:49 PM   #488
jwallis34
Registered Users

Chili! The sweet and savory come through so nicely when cooking in the beans all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jwallis34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:11 AM   #489
siorruidhe
Registered Users
seller

the simplest thing I do with the crockpot, and sizes can be adjusted, is cooking sweet and spicy Italian sausages in tomato sauce.

I throw in some olive oil, some Italian seasoning spice mix, some whole garlic cloves and warm that all up, then I mix in tomato paste and tomato sauce. This sauce is a thick enough it can be used for dipping in bread, of if you choose to put the sausage in a bun of some kind you can use the sauce as the condiment. You can adjust how spicy things are by adjusting how many cloves of garlic you put in. You can further mix things up by adding homemade meat balls and have sausage and meatball sandwiches! If you have left over sausages and/or meatballs you can then chop them up, use some of the sauce and mix it all up with some noodles for another dinner! It's one of the easiest meals ever.
siorruidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:18 AM   #490
EzraDaddy
Registered Users

You all are making me hungry! I'm trying a few of these ASAP.
EzraDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote