Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-01-2008, 05:37 PM   #1
clothmamaof4
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Wink Babies are adorable~toddlers are funny~older kids are fun~COME IN & LOVE ON YOUR KIDS

I just feel like appreciating my kids and I think we all should step back, take a moment and see our kids for the amazing beings they are instead of the mess making, fighting, whining, hair raising things that can make a grown man cry Lets love on them together and share what we love most about our kids.

I'll start:
Newborns are wonderful as demanding as they are, that beautiful skin, tiny features, deep eyes that seem to hold the secrets of the world. It's cute to watch him kick his feet and hands around and push on me and twist to see things and then all of the sudden he is exhausted and just passes out, man I wish I could fall asleep like that!

Toddlers are funny, they are discovering the social ettiquettes around them and running and playing and seeing just what they can and can't do and testing their own limits (and ours ) Growling like monsters, pretending to tickle us, laughing at everything that isn't really funny but because they are laughing now it is... It's a blast!

Older kids (5 and up) are challenging because they think they know it all and are grown but they are so smart and so helpful and love you no matter what and it's amazing to watch them grow and look at them and see the wonderful people they are becoming and what they may do with their lives to affect the world around us for the good.

Thanks for listening, I just needed to step back and see my kids for the wonderful people they are. As loving as we are it is so easy to get caught up in making sure they are fed, clean, safe, & shuffled from this appt. or activity to the next one so much so that we don't take enough time to just enjoy our kids and feel that deep crazy love we did when they were first born and remember that overwhelming amount of potential we first saw in them. Think back to that moment when you first saw their face and see what they have become now and how far past your expectations they have exceeded. It's enough to bring tears to your eyes.... it is to mine. Sometimes it's hard to remove yourself from the hustle and bustle and chaos around you in everyday life and just enjoy being a mom. Let's do it together and hug your kids extra tight tonight.

Advertisement

Last edited by clothmamaof4; 10-02-2008 at 05:47 PM.
clothmamaof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:39 PM   #2
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: Babies are adorable, toddlers are funny, older kids are challenging but fun.....

Lovely post!

I was recently talking about this. Toddlers are hysterical. They are SO unaware. They simply do - with no cares about who is laughing. My toddler was "choo-chooing" through the library a couple of days ago. Skipping and giggling the entire time. Not a care in the world. So goofy.
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:29 PM   #3
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Babies are adorable, toddlers are funny, older kids are challenging but fun.....

Babies are so cuddly and smell so sweet even when they haven't been bathed in a while...

I love how toddlers repeat things. u can say anything and when they repeat it, it is hysterical when they can't pronounce things right. popsicle is "Pos-ca-ple"

Older children really understand when u are explaining how something works. It's fun to teach them about things that are new to them.

Last edited by vintagegyrl; 10-01-2008 at 06:30 PM.
vintagegyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:21 AM   #4
LilyGrace
Registered Users

I think toddlerhood is my favorite age. I love the baby snuggles, I love the conversation with an older child, but toddlerhood...it's so unspoiled and raw. Their main goal is to find out as much as possible about anything and everything, and take delight in their world around them. They're too young to be jaded and just old enough to believe in magic. They believe grownups are invincible and a flick of the switch sends the monsters running. They believe work is FUN and are willing to help with any job - whether we need the help or not! They don't care that people are looking at them; the joy of splashing in puddles in their underwear overcomes any self consciousness.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:48 PM   #5
clothmamaof4
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: Babies are adorable~toddlers are funny~older kids are fun~COME IN & LOVE ON YOUR

Very cute posts ladies, I love toddlers too for those reasons. They are so much fun! And it is so much fun to re-learn things you already knew through the eyes of a child.

Noone else has something good to say about your kiddos and why you love them? Come on ladies, we want to know!

Last edited by clothmamaof4; 10-02-2008 at 05:50 PM.
clothmamaof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:39 PM   #6
Beaker
Registered Users
seller

Re: Babies are adorable~toddlers are funny~older kids are fun~COME IN & LOVE ON YOUR

I used to be irritated that my high needs infant (soon to be toddler). He needs to be rocked and hummed to sleep by me only for every nap and at night;he is a frequent night-nurser too.
I realized just how quickly he is growing up and now I am so pleased that he lets me hold him and cuddle and nurse like he is still a newborn.
Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:49 PM   #7
MommaBunny
10% of Profits Donated to Wildlife
seller

My Mood:

My DD is adorable... She's starting to babble her own "language" now, and this week, she learned how much fun it is to say the word "Blah!"

So she cries and says: "Waaaaah!!! Blah blah blah blah! Waaah!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!"

She'll also sit and talk to me. "Blah blah? Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah!"

And when we were watching the VP debates, she was narrating by telling us what the candidates were ACTUALLY saying: Blah, blah, blah!

Now, if only I could get her to say "Mah mah" instead of "Blah blah"....
Old 10-03-2008, 04:49 AM   #8
HobbyHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mommytimestwo
seller

I love my kids too!!
DD is 10 mos and loves to snuggle. Last night DH and DS and DD and I were all on the bed before bedtime. DD had a peice of paper and we would take turns asking for it and say dramatically "Thanks you!" and give it back and she would crack up and try to say thank you, at least that is what it sounded like. She is so beautiful and I just love watching her play with her brother, she loves him and wants to do everything he does. And she started doing the thing where she will make sounds and play with her lips at the same time so she makes that babling noise, and it makes her laugh.
DS is 21/2. Hes so smart and curious about everything. He asks questions all the time- where did you get the bathtub? where did you get the sun? He loves to show us his muscles and he gets so excited when he hears a train- " Mommy I hear sumpin! CHOO-CHOO!" He loves to read books with me. My favorite thing he says is, when he is tired, "I want to go asleep on you", and before bedtime, "I wanna pay on the bed juuuust a FEEEEWWW minutes!"

Last edited by HobbyHouse; 10-03-2008 at 04:50 AM.
HobbyHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 09:06 AM   #9
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

I adore DS!!! I LOVE the way he pronounces things and I love his perception of the world. The littlest things make him happy and he is so appreciative of everything! He giggles at nothing and is so loving sometimes my heart melts!!
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:16 PM   #10
kaspears17
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well, this isn't about my toddler. My 10 year old had "colonial day" at school today. It was so nice to hear him so excited about learning. He loved the peanut soup, "it was delish- mom". They got to write with feathers, sharp ones, and they had these awesome wax paper pads to do their work on, that colonial students used to practice their letters, and they made up their own games. Seriously, he went on for like 5 - 7 minutes about school, that's unheard of...usually, it's fine, I got an A.