Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2008, 09:26 AM   #1
AngelMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
overnight training pants for night accidents?

My ds has been PL for 3 months, but is now having more frequent accidents at night. After changing sheets 6 times in 3 days (his and mine), we went back to goodnights.

I would really like to get him into cloth because he is uncomfortable in the goodnights, and it seems that this is not going away anytime soon.

Any reccomendations? He goes a LOT at night, so I need something that is either super absorbant or stuffable...

He does not like the HH stuffable trainers. He says they hurt. (he has sensory processing disorder and ASD).

Has anyone tried the Snap-ez eco stuffable trainers yet?

Any other suggestions?

TIA!

Advertisement

Old 09-10-2008, 12:54 AM   #2
sheldensb
Registered Users
seller

Re: overnight training pants for night accidents?

Hi mama! I've tried the Snap-EZ stuffable and GADs with a Super Do for nighttime, and still had some leaking, but I think it was because I had the wrong size insert. Both of my kiddos are heavy wetters too, and one Super Do fit perfectly into both and held most of the pee. I've heard Leo Mighty Nights are also good for heavy wetters--your son might like GADs because they're not as stiff around the edges as the Snap-EZ's FOE. Have you tried wool? It's breatheable and can work great for overnight. I read about Night Owls, or something with a similar name that are supposed to be great for heavy wetters also. Look for them in the Wool forum. HTH!
sheldensb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:50 PM   #3
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are right there with you. Very strange, our son was potty trained at night, but started preschool a few weeks ago, I'm thinking he is just sleeping more soundly or something. But we are really tired of changing sheets. I've gone back to my SNAP-EZ NAP-EZ, but I'm still getting leaks. Tonight I tried a Good Nights on him and he was not happy. Very stiff things. I just can't get my head around using them long term, plus we had this behind us I thought. I'd love to hear from other Mom's on this subject. We wake him up before we go to bed, but it's happening very regularly that he wets again or wets before we even come to bed. I have one GAD I like, but need to stuff it more like a diaper I'm guessing. What do you all use to stuff at night. Our son is almost 3.5.

TIA
Old 10-06-2008, 03:03 AM   #4
fr00tijen
Registered
seller

I would recommend the Blueberry Minky Trainers. They are super soft and my son loves wearing them because they are comfy. They are pretty absorbent too.

I still have my son in Fuzzi Buns at night because he pees so much! We use the Blueberry Trainers mostly for long outings but they work well at night time too. I only have 6 of the Blueberrys so they are our travel/going out accident catcher and his FBs are for night time.

http://hyenacart.com/MonkeyButtDesigns/

Last edited by fr00tijen; 10-06-2008 at 03:06 AM.
fr00tijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:10 AM   #5
csully4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am looking for something at night too. I hate buying pull ups and my ds thinks it's ok to pee in them cause nothing else gets wet. I was thinking about getting a pocket trainer.Are snap-ez nap-ez the best?
Old 10-07-2008, 09:39 AM   #6
skueppers
Registered Users

We've been using a Snap-EZ Nap-EZ stuffable trainer at night for a long time, and we've never had a leak. We use 2 huge microfiber inserts (Thirsties, I don't know if they're still available), which looks ridiculous, but it works. Those inserts are soaked in the morning.

We also use large Fuzzi Bunz, snapped loosely, with the same inserts, also with no problems.

Lately, she's been willing to have us take her to the potty at 10:30 at night, after she's been asleep for a couple of hours, and then she wakes up dry. Woohoo!