Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2008, 09:10 PM   #1
fieroangel
Registered Users

My Mood:
Anyone else have a fast eater?

Since my baby was born (feb 19 2008) he has only nursed 5-10 minutes per side. The ped was concerned at first but he's healthy and gaining great. I pumped and noticed that once I let down I have like 3 minutes of fast flow and I get 2-3oz per side in that 3 minutes then it tappers off to a trickle. I was just wondering if anyone else is like this?

Advertisement

fieroangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:31 PM   #2
fuzzycakes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else have a fast eater?

I'm like that. From enter to exit time in the pump room I'm under 15 minutes. As long as I get 4.5 oz total, I'm happy. I hate to sit there longer and try to get more if I can get that much or more in 5ish minutes. DS must be in a growth spurt, cause last week I was getting 6-8 oz in that time!

SS to all those mamas that aren't so fast!
~Rebecca~ mamma to DS#1 Emmett (10/26/06) , DS#2 Henry (6/2/08) , and DS#3 Calvin (9/17/09)
fuzzycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #3
Lovemy4guys
Registered Users

My Mood:

DS#3 has only taken 5-10 min per feeding (usually only one side) since birth. Really worried me, but he had regained to his birth weight +10 oz. by his 2 week check up and put on another 4 lbs on as of yesterday's 2 month check. I've got a quick and over active letdown, and he usually gulps the whole time if it's been more than 2 hours since his last feeding. He doesn't really seem to mind the fast flow, and I'm just thankful to have plenty of milk this time around.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

OH, me!! DD nurses 10 minutes tops unless she's very sleepy and wants the extra snuggle time. She's been like that pretty much since the beginning. Like you, I was worried that she wasn't getting enough, but she's growing, alert, and happy as can be!

ETA: This is a far cry from my first babe. For the first 4 months it took me an hour to feed that little booger!! The fastest he ever ate was around 20 minutes.
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
xelasminin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my first hunter - was HORRIBLE he nursed for like 45 minutes if not longer!

well it wasn't horrible..but you know.

Evie - 5-10 minutes is all she needs, ever since she was born! She's very efficient!
xelasminin is offline   Reply With Quote