Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2008, 05:43 PM   #1
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:
WTH is going on? Rash on inside of legs?

I have been CDing a long time and been using fitteds for almost a year on my youngest. now, for some reason, every time he pees, if I don't get the diaper off him right away, he gets a very painful rash on the inside of his legs right at the serging area. He's never had this before and it's really not fun. Anyone know why all of a sudden this is happening? I don't even want to put his fitteds on him now!

Advertisement

Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
BootyGold
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WTH is going on? Rash on inside of legs?

Hmm, have you changed dipes? Maybe a different kind of thread used in the serging? Or maybe that area is just sensitive...got irritated once so the skin is more fragile and likely to get a rash? Is he moving around move? Just starting crawling/walking? Thighs getting chubbier? Covers too tight??

I don't know...does any of that sound feasible??
Old 10-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #3
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootyGold View Post
Hmm, have you changed dipes? Maybe a different kind of thread used in the serging? Or maybe that area is just sensitive...got irritated once so the skin is more fragile and likely to get a rash? Is he moving around move? Just starting crawling/walking? Thighs getting chubbier? Covers too tight??

I don't know...does any of that sound feasible??
Nope, same diapers, he is almost 2.5 so he's been moving around running, jumping etc for awhile now, still skinny and this happens with or without covers, but we always use wool shorts/longies, no covers that have elastic. I know it has to do with the diapers rubbing there, but it's weird that it's never happened before and now it's happening....
Old 10-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #4
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

ds gets that sometimes after a long night of sleeping in the diaper. It normally goes away pretty quickly though. I think the wetness just rubs his legs and causes the rash

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #5
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myall4him2 View Post
ds gets that sometimes after a long night of sleeping in the diaper. It normally goes away pretty quickly though. I think the wetness just rubs his legs and causes the rash
Yeah, his isn't going away though. And it's happening in the daytime as soon as he wets his diaper, well, within 10-15 minutes, I'm trying to catch them ASAP but I'm not getting them quick enough. Then he walks around screaming and crying and tonight he was even getting around by pushing himself on his tush so his legs wouldn't rub.

I put him in a sposie....I hope it helps....
Old 10-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #6
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugaboo Bottoms View Post
Yeah, his isn't going away though. And it's happening in the daytime as soon as he wets his diaper, well, within 10-15 minutes, I'm trying to catch them ASAP but I'm not getting them quick enough. Then he walks around screaming and crying and tonight he was even getting around by pushing himself on his tush so his legs wouldn't rub.

I put him in a sposie....I hope it helps....
is there any way to put wool, or a cover over the diaper so the wet diaper doesn't rub on his legs? also, have you tried diaper rash cream for his legs?

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:38 PM   #7
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myall4him2 View Post
is there any way to put wool, or a cover over the diaper so the wet diaper doesn't rub on his legs? also, have you tried diaper rash cream for his legs?
We have some soakers and I tried them, but they aren't helping because the part that is causing the rash is still against his legs, and diaper rash cream! Yeah, tried that and he SCREAMED like I was trying to kill him. I have been using some powder and that seems to sooth it some, but it still keeps happening. He was at grandma's over the weekend and she only uses sposies and he was fine. Comes home, gets in his fitteds and it comes back.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:52 PM   #8
AmyWA
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Could be a change in weather. I know that when the weather changes my (and my son's) excema flares up and thus causes rashes where diapers rub.
AmyWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #9
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyWA View Post
Could be a change in weather. I know that when the weather changes my (and my son's) excema flares up and thus causes rashes where diapers rub.
Ahhh. maybe that's it. He did get eczema last year, but not this. I didn't think it could be associated...but maybe.

I'm seriously considering going sposies. If it helps him be out of pain, I think that's important. I hate the thought, esp since he is starting to PL, but I can't have him in pain like this.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:59 PM   #10
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DD got the same type of rash that you are talking about but it was from pocket dipes. I tried using only prefolds and fitteds without covers to see if it would help, but as soon as she wet, the rash was bright red again. But I kept up with it, changing as soon as she wet, and after a while (maybe a week or two) it finally cleared up since the skin a time to dry out and heal.

Make sure that the diapers are not too tight around his legs and give him as much diaper free time as possible to allow the skin to fully dry out (even from just being a little sweaty) and have a chance to heal without further irritation.

Also, if you are using sposies right now, you may want to use them for a short time so you can cake on the rash cream/ moisture barriers to allow the areas to be protected for a while as they heal.

Make sure you keep this up for a while even after everything clears up so the the skin truly is back to normal. Otherwise it will just come right back.

HTH!