Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
WhatWasIThinking
Registered Users

My Mood:
Please keep your opinion to yourself!

Ugh, i really wish people would keep their opinions to themselves!!!!!! Our baby is almost 9 months old and weighs 18 pounds, not sure of the length.

So 2 times this week we have been grilled on his size and why isn't he BIGGER?? The first lady says "Wow, my baby was way bigger at that age and it's so wierd because your baby is chunky but small so i don't understand, it's so wierd. blah blah blah" DH and I actually just walked away from her. Then our waitress at pizza hut had to inform us that her grandaughter of the same age as our baby is alot bigger than him and had to ask what size clothes he's in. So when i told her 12 month clothing she didn't believe me and had to look at the tag. Because her GD is in 6-9 months but is SO much bigger. Um, RUDE!!!!!!

I can't believe people are so dang rude!

Advertisement

WhatWasIThinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:21 PM   #2
ouchienurse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please keep your opinion to yourself!

We get that al the time. Our DD was only 4lbs at birth and now at 8 months she is about 16lbs and growing like a weed. I have to catch myself when people say "but she's sooo small!" It makes me crazy! I tottaly agree with you, people should learn to keep their mouths shut!
Old 10-02-2008, 08:23 PM   #3
lovemyryley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think that people dont really think of themselves as being rude. My first DS is pretty small, and I'm pretty sure he will just always be small. But man o man was he chunky when he was little. Sometimes I got the "he is tiny" and sometimes I got "omg hes so chubby" or my favorite was "he's fat"

Mainly he had REALLY fat cheeks. His body was normal baby chunkiness. I just ignored them... I dont think that people realize that they may be hurting your feelings. One day Ry (4) said about the bagger at the checkout "why is she so small" and Dh (who's just short of 5 feet ) said "We're all different sizes but we're not much bigger buddy." I wouldnt let them bother you though. If he's healthy that's all that matters!

lovemyryley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:23 PM   #4
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Right there with ya mama. DD is 20 months and I was dancing when she was 23-1/2 pounds last week.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #5
MotherGoose518
Registered Users

Sarah is the same - she'll be 9 months on the 7th and she is just over 17lbs. She is chubby but small and petite. She is constantly getting compared in size to the baby boys in the nursery and I am SO SICK of it.
MTHFR + possible Ehler's Danlos Syndrome
Lovenox, Folic Acid Therapy, Aspirin Therapy
MotherGoose518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #6
jpicasso
Registered Users
seller

I hear you mama, my second DD was the same way. Perfectly healthy, just tiny. Now I'm in the opposite situation, I get people's comments all the time on DS being 16lbs and just going on 3 months.

No, there is nothing wrong with him and NO! He is not overfed
Old 10-02-2008, 08:27 PM   #7
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

Ugh, mama. I hear ya'!
For some reason, having a child or being pregnant seems to open us up to everyone's opinion and critisism.
DD has always been BIG- chubby AND tall/long. Currently she's 21-months-old, 36 inches tall, 30 pounds, and wears size 3T/4T. She's still a big kid. Most people are shocked when we tell them she's not quite two, and of course they have comments about her being, "Quite the eater." We were running errands recently, and a woman asked us how old she was. I told her 20 months (as she was then). The woman gasped and said, "My goodness, she's so small! My grandson is 16 months, and he's WAY bigger than her." Kinda' just wanted to ask what her point was, and tell her she was the first person to ever tell me my daughter, who most people literally think is at least 2 or 3, was small, but I didn't bother. Just gave her a weird look and walked away.
My current battle is with people who approach me DAILY, telling me I look like I'm about to explode/pop/burst, asking if I'm having twins or triplets. When I tell them it's just one, I always get comments about how the doctors are wrong, there's at least one hiding in there. Yeah, um, no. I'm not even due for 3 weeks, and I've been getting these comments since I was 30 weeks. Seriously. My only come-back for that, which I've perfected on my next door neighbor who comments on how massive I am every time she sees me is this: You know, I really want to find the person who made it socially acceptable to comment on the size of a pregnant woman, slap them so hard they CAN'T let out such rude comments, then maybe the rest of society will shut their traps, too. Yeah, she still doesn't get it. She keeps saying, "You're going to pop! Haven't you had that baby YET?" Why yes, in fact, I did, he's inside, kept safely behind closed doors so he won't catch the STUPID virus that seems so rampant out here. Oh yeah, and I'm just HUGELY fat. Will that shut you up?
Yeah, people are idiots, and need to keep their ridiculous, unsolicited opinions to themselves.
Ok, done ranting.
KumfyKozies™- Etsy Shop

Last edited by KumfyKozies; 10-02-2008 at 08:29 PM.
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:30 PM   #8
mamasewsbest
Registered Users
Formerly: Senzafine
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpicasso View Post
I hear you mama, my second DD was the same way. Perfectly healthy, just tiny. Now I'm in the opposite situation, I get people's comments all the time on DS being 16lbs and just going on 3 months.

No, there is nothing wrong with him and NO! He is not overfed
I get this too. My DD is 2.5 months and 15 lbs. People are so silly.
Girl #3 on the way for January 2013!
WAHM behind Abernathy Naturals.
mamasewsbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:31 PM   #9
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just try your best to shrug it off! My DD was 2.11 pounds at birth, 17 pounds at 1 year, 23 pounds at 2 years. People often remarked about how tiny she was but now at 7 years old she looks like a normal sized, healthy little kiddo. My DS was 5.14 pounds at birth, 18 pounds at 1 year, and is 25 pounds now at 28 months old. People still remark about him being skinny or small but I just say....he is healthy and we are grateful for that!

Some people just speak without thinking first...don't let it get to you.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #10
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

I completely understand .Dd just turned 5 months on the 26th and is 23 pounds, but just to let you know you are not alone.We went to walmart today and I had 2 people say how she was so tiny and 3 say wow she's huge. I think the bottom line is PEOPLE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.So sorry they are so rude they must really need a hobby other than driving strangers crazy.