Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #11
Masami
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please keep your opinion to yourself!

I used to get that, but then my daughter had a growth spurt and people rarely comment on her size now. It doesn't seem like your son is small, my daughter is 9 months and is 18lbs. Isn't that normal?

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2008, 08:33 PM   #12
oddduck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't say I get a lot of similar comments, but I sympathize - I get a lot of "what a cute little boy" - even when she's in pink clothes with pink blankets. My 14mo daughter old is in 6-12mo clothing (and about 19lbs/28.5") - so she's a bit on the smaller side too, little babies are great though - we get the best bang for our buck on baby clothes.

Requesting to look at the tag though is WAY over the top though...
Old 10-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #13
WhatWasIThinking
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sometimes i just want to scream "Thank God he's so small because the little stinker won't let me put him down"!
WhatWasIThinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:35 PM   #14
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

some people are just crazy and shouldn't speak to people..lol
I got lots of comments on all my kids at some point, ds1 was superchubby, dd was so tiny and ds2 WAS so big for his age, now they had me believing this about ds2 until I went to the dr a few weeks ago and seen a child the same age as mine who was about twice as big, seeing him made me feel better because Now I know some people are just crazy.
I don't think some realize their comments are just dumb and unwanted so they should just turn around and talk to someone else.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #15
luvmybaby333
Registered Users
seller

My first DD was very small. She started off average (7 pounds 4 ounces) but just grew REALLY slowly. At one year old she was 17 pounds. Keep in mind that around here (in my small redneck little town) children are born and bred MUCH bigger... of course Coke in a bottle at 6 months old will do that to ya

People would come up to me ALL the time and make comments about her size. I had more than one person actually ask me if she was suffering from some sort of liver or kidney disease

People are simply oblivious. (And dumb)

I may be overly sensitive, though. It even pisses me off when people come up to tell you how cute your kid is, and then ask if your child (wearing a bright pink dress and bows) is a little girl. *DUH!*
Old 10-02-2008, 08:50 PM   #16
luvmybaby333
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddduck View Post
I can't say I get a lot of similar comments, but I sympathize - I get a lot of "what a cute little boy" - even when she's in pink clothes with pink blankets. My 14mo daughter old is in 6-12mo clothing (and about 19lbs/28.5") - so she's a bit on the smaller side too, little babies are great though - we get the best bang for our buck on baby clothes.

Requesting to look at the tag though is WAY over the top though...
I'm right with ya on the clothes. With my first DD being so small I was REALLY able to get my money's worth with her clothing.

Of course, I had to buy more expensive brands because nothing cheap would fit her-- but she wore those clothes forever. Same thing with shoes. It didn't kill me every time I bought her a pair of Stride Rites because I knew she would be in them for awhile... If we bought anything cheap I'd end up having to replace it LONG before she outgrew it. ***sigh*** Tiny babies are sooo easy on clothes.

Now with my newest baby this is sooo not the case I tried buying a few things just a couple months ahead and NOPE. She just turned 4 months old and her brand new TCP jeans in a size 6/9 moths are super snug on her Ack! I went from one kid that didn't even register on the "charts," to this baby that is in the 90th percentile for everything Go figure.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:57 PM   #17
sahm108
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***la
seller

My Mood:

People generally don't know what they're talking about. People tell me that DS is so tiny and others say he's so big. I just usually give one of those "uh huh" answers and move on.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:13 PM   #18
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

I don't think it really matters what size your baby is. I can relate to the pp who had a big kid and peple STILL thought they were young. My DS1 has always been super tall (but had a baby face) and even when he was in the 99% people would say "He's TINY!!! Mmmyyy child was eight feet tall at that age!" I'd just smile and nod. People are weird.

Although I'm always shocked when I say something that I mean as a compliment, and people get defensive about. The other day I saw the cutest tiniest little girl walking around. I said, "OMG! She's so cute and tiny! How old is she?" The mom immediatly said that the doctor said she was fine."

I think this is an example of two totally different issues. Mine is that I think tiny little girls are the bees knees and I know I will never get one. Now, I adore my boys, but I'm totally jealous!

Two, I'm sure she hears crap all the time about her baby being "too tiny" and is jaded by that barage.
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/
ashersmomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #19
hippydippymama
Registered Users
seller

I have the opposite problem, I grow my boys big! DS1 just turned 4 but is constantly mistaken for being at least two years older, which can be awkward when he still acts very much like a just-turned-4-year-old. He's 40 lbs. and 42 inches tall. DS2 is only 7 weeks old but he's 13 lbs. and quite the chunk, so I'm sure I'll get the same comments with him too. It can be a little annoying sometimes but it doesn't bother me. People just like to talk, ya know?

But then again, I guess it's more annoying when they say how SMALL your LO is...DS1 started out as a string bean and people were always saying, "oh, he's so tiny/skinny/small/etc," in a voice that made it sound SAD that he wasn't bigger! I would be like, "Um, sorry....?"
hippydippymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:17 PM   #20
I Smile Because Of Them
Registered Users
seller

Location: I'm only passing through here as my real home is in Heaven!
My Mood:

We get those comments too. DD at 3 1/2 years old weighs only 27lbs and DS at 16 months old weighs 19lbs. They're both tiny. I just ignore people. I'm small, DH is small and well we make small babies.