Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-02-2008, 09:38 PM   #21
ashtonsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please keep your opinion to yourself!

it is very frustrating!! we get it with dd as she is 11 1/2 months and 19lbs. she wears 6 month clothes. but with our ds who has prader willie, they go up to him and tell him he is a fat little boy. its very sad and i cant keep my mouth shut to those people. if your little one is healthy, then thats all that matters. its hard not to let it get to you!

Advertisement

Old 10-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #22
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That is how big my DD was at 9 months and at almost 14 months she is just under 22 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchienurse View Post
We get that al the time. Our DD was only 4lbs at birth and now at 8 months she is about 16lbs and growing like a weed. I have to catch myself when people say "but she's sooo small!" It makes me crazy! I tottaly agree with you, people should learn to keep their mouths shut!
Old 10-02-2008, 09:45 PM   #23
4chixmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hear ya. Youngest dd is 26 mo. old & just hit 25 lbs. She's very small built. I'm so sick of the "doesn't mommy feed you? " comments. She eats just fine. I think she's going to take after my mil who's barely 5' tall & very petite. It doesn't help that dh is 6'4", I'm 5'8" & my other 3 girls are very tall for their ages.
4chixmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:48 PM   #24
br813
Registered Users
seller

I agree, people are terrible. My DD is almost 16 months and is 18 lbs and I get comments all the time about how small she is, especially because she started walking at 10 months. I don't know why it's any more appropriate to comment on a child's size than it is to comment on a man or woman's.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:24 PM   #25
momof2miracles
Banned

I just laugh it off. My DD is almost 2 and weighs 22.6 lbs. Very small and short. She crawled, walked, held a bottle late. Still will not say mommy. She took 18 1/2 hrs to come out. I just tell people she does things on her own time. I love that about her. Now my DS is 5 mths. Took him a woping 3 hrs and 2 pushes and he weighs 15.8 lbs already. He is my chunker and already sits up. they are completly different and I don't give a rat what people says. They were both Bf'd, and they are healthy so thats all that matters.
momof2miracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:46 PM   #26
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't think 18lbs at 9mths is all that small.
My niece was 16lbs at 10 mths.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:52 PM   #27
cadchick
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My oldest is small for his age and my youngest is bigger. People mistake them for twins all the time... they are dressed similar - but not the same... and to me - do not look anything alike in terms of twinness (word?)

The good news with this, is that although there is 18 months seperating them, I dont have to worry about storing clothes bwtn kids. After the youngest is done - voila - out the door they go!
However I do have the occasional - "thats my shirt!"..... well it was until you had that growth sprurt last week... :P
Shoes dont seem to work that way though... :S so now they just get their own and in their own time frame.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:30 PM   #28
mandyjeans
Registered Users

OMG, i totally know too. our little guy was super long and really skinny...all the comments i got for example: "are you feeding him?", "oh my he is sooo skinny!" etc.
it really gets old doesnt it!
mandyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:43 PM   #29
jazter
Registered Users
seller

My son was small for his age for quite some time; I just thanked my lucky stars because it makes him easier to haul around. I'm petite and frankly I'd just as soon not be carrying around a 35lb 18 month old. I suppose I'd have biceps of steel, though. Eh, I'll take my biceps of brass, thank you very much.

Also, I mostly get comments on how big he is and have for a long time. I'd just tell people thanks and think "He's on the 7th percentile for weight and 10th for height, mmmhmm." But I'm petite so maybe he does look big against my frame.
jazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:02 AM   #30
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:

People have no clue. They just comment, because it's the human condition.

My daughter is 14.5 months old... not quite 25 pounds and just over 33 inches tall. She is skinny and tall... she was a chubby infant, but has always been tall. That's just her.

I get people commenting on how BIG she is all.the.time. I even had one lady asked me when she'll be 3. I was, like "err... in 2 years?" She just look shocked.

Yes, she's tall... that's just her. No, she's not overfed.
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote