Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2008, 09:56 AM   #51
boymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please keep your opinion to yourself!

My DS is 18 pounds at 3 months and everyone tells me how fat he looks! I just try to ignore them...It's like when I was pregnant and everyone telling me that I was HUGE, I mean strangers in the grocery store!

Advertisement

boymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #52
amielia80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ya just ignore them mama as annoying as it is
my first 2 were and still are tiny. My oldest was 18 pounds at 1 year imagine what I heard about that! Now he is 40 pounds at 7 still small and my 3 year old is 28 pounds! i get sooo sick of the coments
your little one is just perfect the way he is!
Old 10-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #53
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

WOW! Then my DD was tiny. lol She was 19lbs at 12 mos old. I forget length. She was in 12 mos clothes at 12 mos. She went by her age the whole time. So just ignore them. I know it can drive you nuts.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #54
arcwlu01
Registered Users

My Mood:

18 lbs is just fine!!! The growth chart is an average height/weight...which means there will be kids above and below the 50% line. As long as they are healthy...their size does not matter. My DD is 18bs and she is 1 yr old!

But I think people are just trying to make conversation and not be rude..so I would not read to much into it.
arcwlu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:56 AM   #55
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

I know that I might be offended if someone called ME chubby. But babies are biologically supposed to be chubby, thier fat is physically different and behaves differently, so I really don't mean it as a bad thing when I call a baby a chubby bear or something. I call my own guy fat-tastic.

That said, I don't think anyone with skinny or tiny babies is abusing them. My mom was freakin tiny and still is. She was smaller than my three year old when she was six. It's just who she is. And my oldest was and is SUCH a skinny minny. I think that's adorable too. He nursed on demand until he was 22mo and has always been in the 25% for weight and 95% for height.

I'm not saying there aren't jerks out there, but some of us just think babies of ALL SHAPES AND SIZES are perfect and cute and just can't help ourselves. I don't think it makes me an idiot if I say your baby is adorable.

I also think cultural differences are a big part of this. Everyone just assumes we are raised in the same environment and we just aren't.

Sorry this is so long. I guess I'm rambling. I'm not trying to offend here, just offer a different perspective, maybe.
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/
ashersmomoo is offline   Reply With Quote