Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2006, 01:01 AM   #1
momx2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Isn't this breastfeeding top so cute??....

http://www.expressiva.com/jb/baz_pro...305&p_cat_id=8

NOT!!!!!!

OMG!!! I am soooo disappointed in them!!! When I bought my nursing tops and dresses from this company 4 years ago, I thought that their quality was great and surpassed that of motherwear. Not anymore. I am sooooo disappointed!!!

The straps are BARELY hanging onto the top. It looks as if they threaded ribbon through some plastic rings (so that the straps are adjustable) and sewed the ribbon to the top ... but the ribbon has come out of the sewing and it's hanging on by threads!!!

In addition...correct me if I'm wrong...but this is supposed to be a nursing top right? .. um.. where are the holes so that my baby can get to my boobs?? HELLO???? The inside part is double layered, GREAT! a little more coverage... who sewed this?! ... The inside layer has holes cut for booby access ... but the outside layer does NOT!!!

wow...ok, end of vent. LOL I'll see if I can post pictures....

Okay...so this is the inside of the top...you can see the holes where your boobs are supposed to be accessible...

This is the outside of the top....AFTER you've moved the ruffly part up to get to your boobs .... as you can see...it's sewn shut. LOL opening on the inside...NO opening on the OUTSIDE! ROFL!

And these are the straps hanging by a thread...

Advertisement

Last edited by momx2; 10-28-2006 at 01:33 AM.
momx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:13 AM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Isn't this breastfeeding top so cute??....

I think its a cute summer top. i can see where the first layer is at, just move that ruffly part up a bit and the long sleek part still covers the belly.
i never wore nursing tops i would just lift my own shirt..lol
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:35 AM   #3
momx2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh see, I was doing that for a while too! just lift up my t-shirt.... but I grossed my mom out with my belly fat when we went out for lunch one day ... so I'm trying to be a little more discreet about hiding my "tire" now. rofl!
Old 10-28-2006, 01:55 AM   #4
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i see now through the pics you just posted, it doesn't look too dependable with those ribbon straps holder

the boob holes look too small too..

your too funny, your mama shouldnt ttell you it looks gross..lol
when i'd bf my family would get nervous if they were talking to me because i would feed the baby not like i was showing my boobs but i guess people get nervous around a feeding baby..lol
i always just did the lifting of the shirt and will again after the next baby is born..lol
Old 10-28-2006, 02:12 AM   #5
heidisue
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow - I thought it was really cute until I saw your pics!
heidisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 02:16 AM   #6
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

me too..lol
Old 10-28-2006, 02:57 AM   #7
momx2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lol I thought it was really cute too! .. until I got it!! ROFL!

Esp. since it's so HOT here!!!
Old 10-28-2006, 05:13 AM   #8
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

darn I was going to buy it when I saw it was on sale
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:55 AM   #9
CJNeeley
Registered Users
seller

Wait in that second pic it looks like there's some elastic there on the top of the cups... so after you lift the first layer there's that little cup part that tugs down that's probably how you get to the slits, and I'm guessing it's probably that way to be more discreet for the not in use side. Doesn't look all that convienent for a nursing shirt mind you (but it'd definitely be equivalent to lifting your shirt and pulling aside your bra cup) but it looks like you should be able to get to them. But the slits are small but it looks like you are meant to wear it braless and their strictly for areola access... I don't know after looking at it I'm thinking with some decent straps--ones that could actually support nursing breasts--it's definitely salvagable. I'd have worn it to death in florida or any time in summer...I mean it's really cute.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:31 AM   #10
momx2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJNeeley View Post
Wait in that second pic it looks like there's some elastic there on the top of the cups... so after you lift the first layer there's that little cup part that tugs down that's probably how you get to the slits, and I'm guessing it's probably that way to be more discreet for the not in use side. .
See...that's what I figured too. Tug down the elastic part to access the slits...except .. there are only slits on the INSIDE of the shirt after you tug down that elastic. (It's double layered) ... and the OUTSIDE layer doens't have the slits!!! rofl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJNeeley View Post
Doesn't look all that convienent for a nursing shirt mind you (but it'd definitely be equivalent to lifting your shirt and pulling aside your bra cup) but it looks like you should be able to get to them. But the slits are small but it looks like you are meant to wear it braless and their strictly for areola access... I don't know after looking at it I'm thinking with some decent straps--ones that could actually support nursing breasts--it's definitely salvagable. I'd have worn it to death in florida or any time in summer...I mean it's really cute.
It definitely WOULD be salvagable IF it were just the straps...I can sew and reinforce the straps. But there are actually 4 layers underneath. There's the very underneath layer (which is a double layer itself and herein lies the trouble! LOL) ... Of this double layer, only the INSIDE layer has slits .. and the OUTSIDE part does NOT. Then there's another layer on top of this, which you see is the elastic tug down part and THAT is double layer too ... and then finally is the outside part of the shirt. Ok, so that's technically 5 layers. LOL

It's sooooo HOT here (we have NO winter) that I was definitely looking forward to wearing this shirt! ... ...and then to get a shirt that doen'st even have complete holes for the boobies was so disappointing. lol