Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-04-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Bed time?

Dd is 17 months and currently goes to bed between 8 and 9. She takes one afternoon nap from 2-4. Tonight we didnt put her down until 9 and she's still awake in her crib. She stays up from 1-2 hours after we put her down so she sleeps in until 9 most mornings. I would just keep her up but she's tired and gets very cranky so we put her down it's not just an arbitrary time we picked. But, she lays in her crib and talks and plays for awhile and then eventually gets upset and will cry (like she's doing now) before she eventually goes to sleep. What would you do? She's a night owl and always has been and I know if I go get her she'd stay up all night.

Tara SAHM to L 5/07 H 1/09 C 2/12

tmrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:35 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: barbaramommyof2
My Mood:
Re: Bed time?

i dunno mama. i have to lay down with my dd to get her to go to bed! whats your mommy gut instinct telling you to do??
earthmamastyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:38 PM   #3
My Mood:

My little man is the same age and on the same basic schedule. Wakes around 8-8:30, naps from 1-3pm and goes down between 8:30-9pm. I have to lay down with him for about 30 minutes to get his to goto sleep for naps or nighttime. We do not CIO so my only advice would be trying to lay with her, rock her...

Good luck mama.
Shannon ~ Wife to Kevin || 08.14.04
Mama to Nikolas Eli || 04.14.07, Kate Elise || 11.06.08,

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

IF what you are doing now works and she eventually goes to bed, then stick to it. I know that it is hard when they are crying, but they need to know that bed time is bed time!
simplycasualkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:43 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

Any night I get DD (2.5) to bed before midnight is a good one for us It used to be 10pm which wasn't so bad, but since the day of her 2nd bday party she took a super late nap and since then
Looking for a great wah opportunity? Ask me about building your own business as a dōTERRA Wellness Advocate!
borja010 is offline   Reply With Quote