Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2006, 10:51 PM   #1
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

I need help!

My son is 15 months and still nurses for comfort and sleep. Well I am 6+ weeks PG and was told by three people that if I did not want to make my risk higher for M/C that I need to stop altogether. I have VERY high risk pregnancies. But Noah will not stop he is a reck! On top of me taking the boob away he is teething and started to get mad and do the dying ****-roach. HELP how can I make this easier on him? I do notice that when he nurses I really have a cramping in my gut and I do believe that it is causing my Uterius (sp?) to contract.

I am torn. Also he must be a salt freak because my milk has changed and it does not bother him 1 bit!

one last thing I am on a vaginal progesterone and is it bad for him if I am taking that while nursing?

HELP please!~

Advertisement

Old 10-28-2006, 11:00 PM   #2
jillkuster
Registered Users
seller

Re: I need help!

Poor girl.
I don't have the answer to your questions, as my pregnancys weren't high risk, but I have nursed while pregnant......and I have also had neurotic nursers. I hope someone can answer your questions for you, and until then
Old 10-28-2006, 11:44 PM   #3
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Thanks me too. I just gave in it is 1 am here and he was just suffering so bad. Makes me sad I keep telling him "I am sorry but I can't make you a brother unless I do this" He doesn't get it LOL!
Old 10-28-2006, 11:47 PM   #4
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Aw hon. I'm afraid Im no help. Just try and cut back on how much he nurses. Like, keep him distracted during the day and only nurse him at night.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:04 AM   #5
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

when you say high risk what do you mean? Like you cant DTD while pregnant and things of that nature?

according to kellymom there have studies done that show that the contractions that happen while nursing are the same while DTD.

heres Kellymoms links to nursing while pregnant and tandem nursing

http://www.kellymom.com/nursingtwo/faq/01safety.html
http://www.kellymom.com/nursingtwo/e...lications.html

also feel free to PM HeaMae on here. She nursed while she was pregnant and im pretty sure that she experienced contractions

I did nurse my DS in the early stages of my pregnancy but he "self" weaned (I did help a little bit). I do feel guilty though for letting him wean that early
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:43 AM   #6
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

My High Risk is that I lose babies due to low progesterone. 1 @ 6 weeks and one at 17 weeks I don't DTD till after 20 weeks and have had placenta Abruptions at the birth of my son. I will read that info thanks
Old 10-29-2006, 09:15 AM   #7
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

do u have a local LLL to talk to about gentle weaning?

also if he nurses at night get the no cry sleep solution book to help w/ him at night.

thats really hard decision. But you may have to wean. id talk to a lll leader and lc first and maybe post this question on kellymom
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:16 AM   #8
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Ditto to what Mel said. The uterine contractions that your body has while BFing are the same as what you have when you have an orgasm. You DO NOT need to stop breastfeeding unless your Doc says it's a must. A lot of people have that idea, but it's really not entirely true. Are you taking progesterone supplements?

Your son will probably wean himself if you're still nursing in a few months since your milk will change. In the beginning of the your 3rd trimester, or sooner, your milk will revert back to colostrom. Your son may not like the taste or it may not bother him. You may also see a decrease in supply, which will cause him to not ask anymore.

Just talk to your Doc, but I don't think it's a must for you to stop, especially if it's a comfort to your son. Enjoy this special time with him while it lasts
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:20 AM   #9
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Thank you very much for this advice! I appreciate the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMel View Post
do u have a local LLL to talk to about gentle weaning?

also if he nurses at night get the no cry sleep solution book to help w/ him at night.

thats really hard decision. But you may have to wean. id talk to a lll leader and lc first and maybe post this question on kellymom
Old 10-29-2006, 09:22 AM   #10
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

We learned in our doula class that nipple stimulation doesn't cause the same contractions if a woman is breastfeeding. A lot of people tell you that you have to stop because nipple stimulation is a way to bring on labor. But if you're breastfeeding, your body is adapted to it, so in most cases, nursing doesn't effect you the same way nipple stimulation on a non-nursing mother would.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote