Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2006, 09:23 AM   #11
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Re: I need help!

Yes I am on Progesterone at night I do a suppository thing. I am gonna ask around a bit I don't wanna take this from him sooner then he wants maybe he might figure it out and then hate the baby? I don't know I am gonna ask around.

Thanks very much for answering

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararaboomdeea View Post
Ditto to what Mel said. The uterine contractions that your body has while BFing are the same as what you have when you have an orgasm. You DO NOT need to stop breastfeeding unless your Doc says it's a must. A lot of people have that idea, but it's really not entirely true. Are you taking progesterone supplements?

Your son will probably wean himself if you're still nursing in a few months since your milk will change. In the beginning of the your 3rd trimester, or sooner, your milk will revert back to colostrom. Your son may not like the taste or it may not bother him. You may also see a decrease in supply, which will cause him to not ask anymore.

Just talk to your Doc, but I don't think it's a must for you to stop, especially if it's a comfort to your son. Enjoy this special time with him while it lasts

Advertisement

Old 10-29-2006, 09:24 AM   #12
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Yeah it is not doing anything for me like I really can't feel him nursing. The reason I now notice is because they planeted the seed KWIM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonprysm View Post
We learned in our doula class that nipple stimulation doesn't cause the same contractions if a woman is breastfeeding. A lot of people tell you that you have to stop because nipple stimulation is a way to bring on labor. But if you're breastfeeding, your body is adapted to it, so in most cases, nursing doesn't effect you the same way nipple stimulation on a non-nursing mother would.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:32 AM   #13
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahs_mommie View Post
Yes I am on Progesterone at night I do a suppository thing. I am gonna ask around a bit I don't wanna take this from him sooner then he wants maybe he might figure it out and then hate the baby? I don't know I am gonna ask around.

Thanks very much for answering
If he does wean before the baby is born, he may very well ask to nurse again. You can allow him to, if you want to, but he'll probably do it more out of curiosity than anything else. A lot of mamas tandem nurse and that works well for them. I think if you start now, while you have PLENTY of time before the baby comes, gently weaning him, by the time the baby comes he will probably forgotten all about it. Just do whatever feels best for you and Noah and don't worry about what everyone else tells you to do. It will all work out OK
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:33 PM   #14
kht2006
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What a tough situation. Definitly talk to a LLL leader or a LC before weaning. It may not be necessary at all. Your body knows what it's doing making milk and growing a baby...I wouldn't want to wean unless it was absolutly necessary
kht2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:27 PM   #15
Marielblewis
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would not tell him it is so he can have a brother, he might resent the baby. Maybe you could try letting him nurse but shortening the amount of time by a minute or two each night?
Marielblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:25 PM   #16
seattlehipster
Registered Users

Being the lactivist that I am, I hate to suggest weaning before babe is ready....however, there are good cases to warrant its need. I weaned DS1 during DS2s pregnancy. My local LLL Leader, a dear friend, helped me to go through a grieving process with it and open myself up to welcome the new little one. He came 6 weeks early, no reason.

Have you tried acupuncture? With my worries about #3 being an early baby like her brother DS2, I did acupuncture almost weekly or every two weeks during her pg, and she came out healthier than a horse! I had almost no bleeding afterwards, and a 45 minute labor start to finish, homebirth (thank goodness my mws happened to be over in my neck of the woods). I drove up to Starbucks the next day!

Traditional Chinese Medicine works MUCH better for pregnancies for almost any malady than anything us Westerners can come up with. Licensed acupuncturists can come to births at our hospital, as an additional HCP team member with the doctor or midwife. Check it out for low progesterone....it's about using your body's meridian points to keep baby "up and in" versus "down and out" (it's a way to move energy up the body instead of down the body). www.acupuncture.com

HTH!
Old 10-31-2006, 01:31 AM   #17
sherbear178
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wasnt a high risk pregnancy so I cant help with that part but I was still nursing DD when I got pg with DS. She was 6 months old when I got pregnant and she nursed until about 10 and a half months. She finally quit on her own. She had a very hard time with quitting at first but my milk just pretty much went away. We would try to nurse and she would end up getting frustrated because she wasnt getting anything. The hardest part was getting her to go to sleep at naptimes and bedtime because she alwasys nursed to sleep. She got over it pretty quick though. I considered tandem nursing once DS was born but my DD didnt seem interested so we didnt do it. IF I were you I would talk to your doctor/midwife about your situation and see what they have to say. I personally would be hesitant to quit without my doctors opinion. Dont take something important away from DS unless you have to KWIM? especially when he may quit sooner than later on his own. I know I missed nursing DD and I really felt sad after she quit. Hope that helps. Good luck!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:25 AM   #18
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If my Dr. said it was necessary, I would get a second opinion. Seems like you could just use the progest. cream and suppos. and be a OK. I would do what you feel is right.

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote