Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #31
Heather81
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Failure to thrive

Update:

So yesterday evening at 6pm, Haylie was hungry. I poured the 1/2 ounce of formula that I had into the SNS and latched her on. She supplimented at the breast for about 2 1/2 hours but needed more then that. So she got 4 ounces of formula.

An hour later she was hungry again so DH gave her a bottle while I was pumping. She sucked down another 6 ounces!! GOOD LORD! That was 9pm... she slept until 6am!

While she slept, I pumped every 2 hours. At 3am I finally decided to lay down. I managed to get 3 hours of (broken) rest. She woke at 6am very hungry and ready to eat. I woke up feeling very full in my breasts. YAY! The fenugreek, more milk plus, oatmeal and pumping are paying off!

I picked her up, latched her on and boy did she guzzle! She was all business! She ate non stop for 30 minutes on the right side and then another 30 minutes non stop on the left side...and had a full pee diaper too!

She then fell asleep at 7am and slept until 11am. Again, she woke up very hungry and I woke up full! So I latched her on and the same thing happened!!!! She sucked it down without stopping on both sides! Also, another heavy pee diaper!!

NO SUPPLIMENTS OF ANY KIND FOR ALMOST 16 HOURS NOW!!!!!!!!!! I may not be getting rest, and it may be constant nursing and pumping, but I AM gonna make this work!! I AM NOT A QUITTER!

Anywho, just wanted to share my positive experience... time to go pump again..

Advertisement

Old 10-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #32
sdavis514
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow! Sounds like the hard work is paying off! Congrats! A full bellied baby is always a happy sight.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #33
Heather81
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thank Sarah! I sure hope so. We're working on it. It's not easy by any means but it is worth it. So it's a fair trade lol

I think she's about ready to nurse again so im gonna do that. Sometime today im gonna try and get my toddler to nurse. He hasn't nursed in a year but i'd like him to. So im gonna offer it and see what he does. He's interested in watching me nurse, seeing milk come out and even squeezes them. So MAYBE I can convince him to start nursing again. That would definately boost my supply!
Old 10-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #34
indysteffanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

im so glad its working for you!

keep it up!

Steffanie: momma to Brennan(13) Dillon (7) with cf , Ashlyn (6) , TJ (4) and Anderson(1) , born at 29 weeks
indysteffanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:59 PM   #35
mama2maya
Registered Users

hi mama! i haven't read thru the all of the replies, but caught the first and most recent update of yours and i just wanted to applaud you for what a beautiful job you are doing! i went thru a similar ordeal with my dd when she was born, and the countless, hellish, sleepless hours i spent trying to make the breastfeeding work finally ending up paying off and dd is still nursing today at 26 months... tho i am happy to wean now if only she'd be willing reading thru brings back all of those emotions for me of being so torn up and stressed and just plain determined! just wanted to lend my support of what you are going through and i'm so happy all seems to be coming together! best of luck and god bless!
mama2maya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:30 PM   #36
mnmama
Registered Users
seller

I'm so happy it's starting to work out for you!! You guys are a great team... Way to go, you guys!!
Old 10-12-2008, 06:15 PM   #37
Heather81
Registered Users

My Mood:

Im sure we still have quite a bumpy road ahead as we're just embarking on the really hard stuff. We're gonna get there though. Believe that!

Im gonn alook back on this one day and say "it was so worth it...im proud of myself".
Old 10-12-2008, 10:04 PM   #38
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather81 View Post
Im sure we still have quite a bumpy road ahead as we're just embarking on the really hard stuff. We're gonna get there though. Believe that!

Im gonn alook back on this one day and say "it was so worth it...im proud of myself".
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:45 AM   #39
baby_number_2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats Momma I've been lurking here since I had the same issues with ds #1 but didn't have any support so I ended up switching to formula with him at 6weeks. I already went and bought mother milk tea and fenugreek pills. I'm going to start those literally at the hospital this time. I'll keep lurking you keep up the good job and keep us posted as to how its going.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #40
Heather81
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_number_2 View Post
Congrats Momma I've been lurking here since I had the same issues with ds #1 but didn't have any support so I ended up switching to formula with him at 6weeks. I already went and bought mother milk tea and fenugreek pills. I'm going to start those literally at the hospital this time. I'll keep lurking you keep up the good job and keep us posted as to how its going.
It's definately not easy. I can understand why any mom would want to switch to formula. I can't blame them. It's a LOT of sleepless nights, constant pain, and soooo time consuming.

I personally want this sooooo bad that I can't give up. For years i've had this dream of breastfeeding for atleast 2 years. This is my 4th child and i've yet to meet my goal. The longest i've ever nursed was 4 months.

There's a good chance this may be our last child. So I feel like this is my last chance to get it right.