Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
Rechellef
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Best Fabric for lining diapers

There seems to be a sea of diaper fabrics these days. I was wondering what the best fabric for lining diapers would be. I like microfleece, but that seems to get a bit rough after a while. Does cotton velour stay softer longer and does it wick well? I am just looking for a nice soft wicking material that will stay fairly soft for many washes.

Thanks!!

Advertisement

Rechellef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:37 PM   #2
briana-d
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best Fabric for lining diapers

my cotton velour seems to work well its staied fairly soft as long as its dryed in the dryer
Old 10-13-2008, 12:07 PM   #3
aprice522
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best Fabric for lining diapers

microfleece is not on the same page as cotton velour.

microfleece, poly velour or crushed panne and suedecloth are all wicking or stay dry wicking inner fabrics

cotton velour, bamboo or hemp are all natural fibers and will absorb wetness and not just pass it or wick it through the inner liner....so it will feel wet to the babe's bottom.

suedecloth is what BG uses and is great to sew w/ b/c it is not stretchy, poo comes off great and never seems to fade or stain.
I always cut the suedecloth wider at the narrow part of the diaper b/c it doesn't have any stretch and gives more room for stuffing.

poly velour or crushed panne is great b/c it is stretchy and feels lovely and does stay night. downfalls are that it is a PITA to sew with b/c it is the stretchiest fabric for inners....use lots of pins--but you also need to finish the edges b/c they won't fray--but I have had some of them have "runs" in the fabric.

Hope this helps!
check out my store for more info, tutorials (which I am trying to finish at least 2 more by the end of the week!) and tons of product...fleece/velour/suedecltoh, not to mention the tons of PUL that I have---and will be reducing tomorrow and the next day in price!!