Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #1
TNEarthMama's Avatar
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fairview, TN
Posts: 5,091
My Mood:
Vaccine Worries...

I so hate this.. It is just eating at me daily.. DS #1 had vaxs up to 4 months, and then I stopped all together till he turns 2 and then I would start them up again, and space them out, and the MMR would be in seperate doses...

DS#2 has not had any, and will not till he is 2 also..

But now that DS#1 is going to be 2 in a few months, and I scheduled that appt.. I feel scared as hell to get started on vaccines..

I realize that I have the right to say no, and my MD has been really ok with me not doing them and delaying them... But I don't know what he would say if I said NO to anymore at all and just refused.. I dont want to loose him as a doc... And he knows that we do chirpractic care 1 time a month for both boys..

Reason I even want to vaccinate my children over time is that we like to world travel, and hope to go overseas again to the middle east someday.. Someday is the big word..

I feel that maybe having the vaccines seperate, and spreading them out will help out.. Maybe doing a cleansing of the body after each time we vaccinate would help wash out any bad stuff??? Doing them months apart from one another would help?? I dont know..

I think in my heart I'm more scared of what if these vaccines cause something later in life??? what if they make my child more prone to something else?? the what ifs run wild in my mind..

I wish there was a happy medium to all this.. It just eats me up!

At least with my not getting them started till they are 2 I see that they are maturing, they are learning, and they are smart, and not delayed... Now first sign of any delay I will know its the vaccines.. And stop them!

Anyone else have these worries??

Advertisement

TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
LissaB's Avatar
LissaB
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Loveland, CO
Posts: 474
My Mood:
Re: Vaccine Worries...

I don't. My dad was in the military and I received all my vaccines according to the schedule and have had no problems. Just about everyone I know has received the vaccines and they are healthy and fine, or are having health problems that are clearly attributable to other factors (like poor diet or genetics).

Vaccinations have helped our society so much by getting rid of so many diseases that used to kill/maim children and even adults. I'm definitely planning to vaccinate my children, though I would like to spread them out and make sure that they are necessary ones. For example, I don't think my kids are at risk for Hep B, so we likely won't be giving them that one. I think what you have decided to do makes sense and should be as easy as possible on his body. I don't think you have anything to worry about, other than if you don't vaccinate if one of your sons came down with something that could have been prevented. Especially since you hope to travel again, I think its critical to get the vaccination process going. Your kids will be fine!

Best wishes,
__________________
Lissa
LissaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:23 PM   #3
saongiri's Avatar
saongiri
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,214
My Mood:
Re: Vaccine Worries...

As a mama who vaxed one (I was unaware of vax issues back then), spaced the next, and delay select vax the third I share you worries and too wish for a happy medium and have tried to come terms with the fact that I am doing the best I can with the info I have.
I btdt and am doing it now!
__________________
Sarah
- mama to Ray Olivia and Jack
saongiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:43 PM   #4
TNEarthMama's Avatar
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fairview, TN
Posts: 5,091
My Mood:
Re: Vaccine Worries...

You know sometimes being a parent and making these decisions is soo stinking hard!!!

I really really hope that seperating and spacing out the vaccines out does him good and he does not get any effects from it other then a sore arm/leg. I have had all my vaccines cause of military... So has my DH.. We both know and have seen the effects of diseases.. So I would hate it for my children to get something that could kill them you know.. But at the same time, I would hate something I give them cause them delays or worse permanent harm...

I'm stuck though I dont know which vaccines to give?? And how far apart from one another do we get them?? Our MD wont mind getting them spaced out, and wont mind me saying no to certain ones.. IE I dont plan on getting my boys the HepB one till they are older, way older.. I dont want them to get the chicken pox one either, let them catch that one... His MD said to that he wont need the HIB cause he is already past that one.. (thankfully) So he will get MMR but seperated into single doses, and single trips to the MD.. DTAP he will get just cause we live and play at a farm, and Tetanus scares me,, I personally have gotten a deep cut there at the barn LOL, so I know I for sure want DS to get that shot later...

What kinda schedule do you put a 2 year old on???
TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:48 PM   #5
OnlyWomanInTheHouse's Avatar
OnlyWomanInTheHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: chasingprisms
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fluffyville
Posts: 1,712
My Mood:
Re: Vaccine Worries...

We are "delayed until two" also, two has come and gone and we've gotten no shots... and no pressure from our pedi. I don't think we will pursue vaccinations until more information surfaces on them regarding safety etc. I just can't do it.

Have you read Dr. Sears book?
__________________
Bloom where you are planted.


OnlyWomanInTheHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:59 PM   #6
TNEarthMama's Avatar
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fairview, TN
Posts: 5,091
My Mood:
Re: Vaccine Worries...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyWomanInTheHouse View Post
We are "delayed until two" also, two has come and gone and we've gotten no shots... and no pressure from our pedi. I don't think we will pursue vaccinations until more information surfaces on them regarding safety etc. I just can't do it.

Have you read Dr. Sears book?
Yeah I read it... He was not for or against vax... Not sure if I really cared for it to much though...
TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:09 PM   #7
saongiri's Avatar
saongiri
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,214
My Mood:
Re: Vaccine Worries...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNEarthMama View Post
You know sometimes being a parent and making these decisions is soo stinking hard!!!

I really really hope that seperating and spacing out the vaccines out does him good and he does not get any effects from it other then a sore arm/leg. I have had all my vaccines cause of military... So has my DH.. We both know and have seen the effects of diseases.. So I would hate it for my children to get something that could kill them you know.. But at the same time, I would hate something I give them cause them delays or worse permanent harm...

I'm stuck though I dont know which vaccines to give?? And how far apart from one another do we get them?? Our MD wont mind getting them spaced out, and wont mind me saying no to certain ones.. IE I dont plan on getting my boys the HepB one till they are older, way older.. I dont want them to get the chicken pox one either, let them catch that one... His MD said to that he wont need the HIB cause he is already past that one.. (thankfully) So he will get MMR but seperated into single doses, and single trips to the MD.. DTAP he will get just cause we live and play at a farm, and Tetanus scares me,, I personally have gotten a deep cut there at the barn LOL, so I know I for sure want DS to get that shot later...

What kinda schedule do you put a 2 year old on???
I highly recommend Jay Gordon's video on vaccine- he lays out what each vaccine is for and likelihood of contracting the disease--very helpful info
__________________
Sarah
- mama to Ray Olivia and Jack
saongiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #8
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 21,967
My Mood:
Re: Vaccine Worries...

i wanted to ask how you do a cleaning with your child??

We also do the chiro(just went yest) my kids love it!

On the vax topic i really have no advice but to do what your heart and gut tell you too. The hardest decesions are usually the most important ones so we want to make sure they are the right ones. Take it slow and if you are not ready then just reschedule the apt to have more time to think. There is no rush on vaxing and you can never take them back so make sure you are ok with what you decided.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:12 PM   #9
TNEarthMama's Avatar
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fairview, TN
Posts: 5,091
My Mood:
Re: Vaccine Worries...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saongiri View Post
I highly recommend Jay Gordon's video on vaccine- he lays out what each vaccine is for and likelihood of contracting the disease--very helpful info
I have that vid.. Watched it a few times.. I dont even know why I'm vaccinating.. I'm just soo against it.. I guess maybe I'm scared our MD will boot us LOL.. he is ok with delayed vaccines, I should ask him what he says about us not vaxxing..
TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:12 AM   #10
pantufla's Avatar
pantufla
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,467
My Mood:
Re: Vaccine Worries...

No, don't ask the doc. Just don't bring it up. If the doc brings it up you say, "I'm still researching."

If and when you make plans to go out of the country, figure out where you are going, what the VPDs are, what the vax risks are, what's the rate of disease, etc.

Polio, for example -- there haven't been any wild cases here in the US in what, 40 years? And the IPV which kids get now doesn't even prevent you from getting polio. Just prevents paralytic polio -- except, they don't know how effective the vaccine really is.

And a lot of the diseases were already on the decline when the vaccines were brought to market.

Others, like DTAP, don't prevent transmission, just keep you from getting a "severe" case of it. Pertussis, for example, is endemic. It comes and goes in waves. And tetanus is primarily a disease of the elderly (except in places like Africa where they put dirt on the newborn's umbilical stump).

Which is not to say that vaccines aren't good for some people in some situations. I just don't want to accept them blindly, "because the doctor said I should". I think we should have more choice than we do, with less judgment.

Sorry, this turned into my vent.
__________________
One-of-a-kind baby carriers and more! http://katarababy.com
WE DO CUSTOMS, just ask!
pantufla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.