Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Back on the IVF rollercoaster...

10/14/08:
Well that mean old aunt flo came to visit me on fri which means the commencement of the medications for IVF#2 has begun. The nurses at my new clinic seem terribly unorganized which has caused me lots of stress already, but I am hoping that things will go completely smooth from here on out

So I will be taking estrogen for the next month and then i start the long list of shots Egg retrieval is set for the some time during the first week of Dec which seems really far away considering I am already feeling the side effects and stress of the ivf cycle. So if i seem grumpy and super sensitive please bear with me, I will be normal again some time in Jan 2009

11/17/08:
Yay!!! Yesterday was my last dose of estrace & provera I am coasting on dexamethasone until thursday when i go in for my suppresion ultrasound and bloodwork. If i responded to my meds and my ovaries have been "resting" for the past month then i start the shots on fri!!!!

11/20/08:
Well I am back from my baseline appt and it would appear that the 5 weeks of estrogen therapy has worked!!! No cysts I haven't go the blood work results back yet but anticipate no issues since there were no visable cysts on ultrasound!!! Woot woot for estrogen replacement therapy
So the shots begin tomorrow morning!!!!
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...ivfmeds001.jpg

12/1/08:
Well after 9 days of stims/shots according to my ultrasound today there are only 3 follicels growing on each ovary, and they are quite small. My estrogen is also low whic is another sign that the follicles are not growing like they should be. The RE said to stay on the shots and then come back in for another check on wed 12/3/08. I am sooo disappointed that things are not going well on yet another ivf cycle. I am only 27 years old, how can my ovaries suck so much?

12/3/08:
Ok so I went again on wed and the follciles are still growing, the RE thinks 6 maybe 7 follciles at egg retreival. MY estrogen jumped up a 1,000 point which is a better sign. I had to do 1 last night of stim shots last night and this am and then tonight is the trigger shot! Egg retrieval will be saturday morning sometime. Please keep us in your thoughts then!!! And I will update as soon as i am feeling well enough and we drive the 6 hours back!

12/6/08:
The egg retrieval is set for 3:45pm! The RE is hoping to get 6 maybe 7 eggs. I will update when i am feeling well enough

12/9/08:
Morning ladies! Just wanted to pop in and say that i survived that egg retrieval yesterday...although no food or drinks from midnight the night before until 3:45pm was pretty brutal
Anyway, they got all 7 eggs...woot woot!! And they will call use today b/w 11-4 to let us know how many of them fertilized:-) Please send our embies thoughts so that they all fertilize and continue to grow:-)

Fertilization report-

Of the 7 eggs that they got, 6 were mature and.....all 6 FERTILIZED

I am so happy! With IVF#1, they got 5 eggs, all 5 were mature, but only 3 fertilized and by day 3 only 2 were still growing!!! ET will be tues or thurs depending on how the eggs are looking. If they look so-so they will transfer them on tues, but if they look stellar they will push it to day 5 on thurs!!! We still have a long way to go, but we are so excited that we have something to work with at this point!!!

12/10:
3 day transfer of 3 grade 1 embryos (a 7 celled, an 8 celled and a 9 celled). more info in the post.
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...bryos001-1.jpg

12/16:
7dp3dt=10dpo...HPT:
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...t7dp3dt006.jpg

12/17:
FMU FRER TEST at 8dp3dt=11dpo:
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...t8dp3dt003.jpg
And its official, the first beta is in....118.6 OMG!!!!! Can you believe it is that high at 8dp3dt?!?!?! Now hoping it double for friday's beta

12/18:
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...t8dp3dt006.jpg
belly pics from yesterday 3W5D:-)

12/19:
Beta #2....429.8 First ultrasound Fri. Jan 2nd @ 11am CST Stay tuned.....
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...10dp3dt001.jpg

Advertisement

Last edited by kristinc; 12-20-2008 at 10:03 AM.
kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:23 PM   #2
averysmom
Registered Users

Re: Back on the IVF rollercoaster...

I'm praying for you!!!! Lots of hugs!!
Avery Grace 8-17-05 Autumn Rose my HBAC baby 2-9-10 EXPECTING #4 sometime in Sept. 2012 Planning my second homebirth!!
averysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
smithmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sending you and your hubby and
Old 10-14-2008, 06:34 PM   #4
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinc View Post
Well that mean old aunt flo came to visit me on fri which means the commencement of the medications for IVF#2 has begun. The nurses at my new clinic seem terribly unorganized which has caused me lots of stress already, but I am hoping that things will go completely smooth from here on out

So I will be taking estrogen for the next month and then i start the long list of shots Egg retrieval is set for the some time during the first week of Dec which seems really far away considering I am already feeling the side effects and stress of the ivf cycle. So if i seem grumpy and super sensitive please bear with me, I will be normal again some time in Jan 2009
I pray that you will not be back to normal in Jan 2009! I pray pray pray that you will be pregnant!!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #5
kristy29
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good luck!!!
kristy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #6
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I pray that you will be pg really soon.. I was thinking of you today and was wondering how things are going...

Old 10-14-2008, 06:41 PM   #7
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone I appreciate the well wishes and encouragement....this is def gonna be a long haul!
kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:41 PM   #8
mhr1406
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lots of prayers coming your way for a successful IVF cycle!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 08:01 PM   #9
StaceyS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am also praying for you, mamma.
We love him, because he first loved us.<>< 1 John 4:19
StaceyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:17 AM   #10
Wanderlust
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
seller

Hi Kristin!

Thanks for keeping us updated. I don't hope you're back to normal in January....I hope you're PREGNANT!