Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-18-2008, 12:45 PM   #11
kasatk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: i am sooooo NOT ready for this!!!!

if you eat a lot of chicken i would cut back on that...

Advertisement

Old 10-18-2008, 02:51 PM   #12
Emmaleigh3699
Registered Users
seller

this kinda stuff just makes me think of all the crap we're feeding our kids - growth hormones in meat can't be helping this situation. We're not meant to have our periods at 8 or breasts at 8....its not how we're meant to function Of course, there isn't anything you can really do about it - who can afford to buy all organic? And for most of us its too late anyway...ugh....stupid puberty and stupid untrustworthy foods.
Emmaleigh3699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:57 PM   #13
mindycat72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Unfortunately, I've seen this all too often. My oldest dd's best friend had breast buds at age 5, and was fully developed, including AF by the time she was 8.

My youngest dd also started developing early, and now she is 10, and I've had to start making her wear a bra whenever she leaves the house. Plus the armpit odor! It could bowl you over lol!

Anyway, I would be vary hesitant to inject my kids with anything that interferes with hormones. I am very distrustful of anything that elevates/reduces/prolongs/shortens any part of hormonal fluctuations. The consequences can be very severe.
mindycat72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:58 PM   #14
mindycat72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaleigh3699 View Post
this kinda stuff just makes me think of all the crap we're feeding our kids - growth hormones in meat can't be helping this situation. We're not meant to have our periods at 8 or breasts at 8....its not how we're meant to function Of course, there isn't anything you can really do about it - who can afford to buy all organic? And for most of us its too late anyway...ugh....stupid puberty and stupid untrustworthy foods.
I hear ya. When my dd started developing, we were shocked. Now I can't help but wonder if it wasn't the Avent bottles we used.
mindycat72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:13 PM   #15
wildeyes
Tummy Kisses Diapers
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindycat72 View Post
I hear ya. When my dd started developing, we were shocked. Now I can't help but wonder if it wasn't the Avent bottles we used.
GAH!!!! i use avent for the baby!! man...... they are the ONLY bottles she cant collapse the nipples on, everything, and i mean everything else she didnt get any food.... lovely... just freaking lovely...
i give up. i'm gonna grow all my own food, and raise my own stupid chickens... oh wait... i dont have a house. and i have a black thumb. crap. (i'm kidding btw... well kinda.. i do have a black thumb)
Officially ERF!!!
wildeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:17 PM   #16
Knits on Earth
Registered Users
Formerly: eden/averymumm
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
yes! whenever I see things like this I am so releived that those hormones are not and never were legal in canada!

Knits on Earth, custom knits
Knits on Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #17
Emmaleigh3699
Registered Users
seller

we need to all live like hippies and start a commune lol I'll raise the livestock - it can't be that hard, right? I've raised kids.
Emmaleigh3699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:22 PM   #18
wildeyes
Tummy Kisses Diapers
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
we need to all live like hippies and start a commune lol I'll raise the livestock - it can't be that hard, right? I've raised kids.
sounds good to me, but i'm not going in the garden if ya'll want to eat!! lol
Officially ERF!!!
wildeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #19
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
They had a girl on who started puberty at age two who if not for the shots whould enter menopause around age 17 which would make her infertile by the time she was ready to have children. They said that all the children that do end up getting the shots (boys and girls), they get them monthly until they turn 11 and then let nature take it's course.
Seriously, age 2?? How on earth would you potty train? I think that is a once in a million if not 10 million chance. i would not do shots unless it was something completely unheard of like that.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #20
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
DH says It's probably all the stuff our parents fed us - nothing we can do now.