Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2011, 08:36 AM   #31
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: i am sooooo NOT ready for this!!!!

I read it was illegal for chicken to have hormones in the US.

As for the human breasts, my daughter started developing at 7-8, but I don't think her chest has grown for the last year or so. We got her a training bra a good year and a half ago (she's 10 now) and she's still not ready for the smallest bra size.

Advertisement

tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:31 AM   #32
purpledayz
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor
I read it was illegal for chicken to have hormones in the US.

As for the human breasts, my daughter started developing at 7-8, but I don't think her chest has grown for the last year or so. We got her a training bra a good year and a half ago (she's 10 now) and she's still not ready for the smallest bra size.
Organic chickens dont come with triple D breasts! My dad raises some incredibly huge chickens but they are uniformly large and have a large amount of fat.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #33
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:
Yikes.

I would definitely bring this up to the doctor.

I started AF a month after my 13th birthday (01/92) and my younger sister started hers three months after her 13th birthday (06/93).

My little sister was 10 when she started hers (08).

I don't necessarily believe that hormones in our food are causing this. My mom started her AF at 8 (66).
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #34
Crow Mountain Crafts
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyblackdot View Post
um...i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my little sister started her AF when she was 8.

(which in retrospect that means that she started her AF before i did, and we are 5 years apart!)
This was me. I started at 8 years old and was in a D cup by 8th grade. I hope, for her sake, that nature decides to let her have a few more years before having to deal with all of that.
Crow Mountain Crafts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:59 AM   #35
nw mummy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel your freak out. My middle dd is 7 and also has breast buds. She began having endocrinology issues at 3 so we've had a little time to try to wrap our head around it. You may want to have the ped check and make sure it just isn't a cyst or duct inflamation (dd2 has also had that too at times which looks like it).

I don't mean to be the rain at the parade, but it doesn't seem to matter how healthy you raise them now days. My kids have never eaten fast food, eat 90% of the time vegetarian, very little milk, soy, etc and we still are having these issues. We've tried so hard to make sure what we gave them is organic, avoided foods we had concerns about, but some days I just feel like a failure.

I also wonder how much is genetics and how much is the awful stuff we have in our bodies that is passed to our kids affecting the changes we see today.
Kindness in giving creates love. Lao Tzu
nw mummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:14 AM   #36
wooly_wonderful
Registered Users
Formerly: lxl***ca
seller

My Mood:

My dd has breast buds also, she is 9 1/2. I found some smal bras for her at kohls. They are like the shelf bras in a tank top. We adopted her two years ago, so I am definitely, definitely not ready for this!

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
wooly_wonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #37
mommajenn13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My poor dd will probably be on the opposite side of the spectrum! I'm short, have barely there boobs, and didn't start my period until I was 16! However, I was a hardcore gymnast so that probably had something to do with it.

I second the shelf bra type thing. Those are made small and will probably work as an extra layer.