Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2006, 12:47 AM   #11
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:
Re: non-vax/delayed vax & military ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nique View Post
Thanks. I just gotta find out if it's true that for the daycare situation they have to be vaxed. Why oh WHY can't this be made easier!!!
Absolutely not. No one can force you to have your children vax'd. You do, however, have to let the parents of the children you take in that your children have not been vaxed so when the infants going in to get the chicken pox vax stay away for three days (the kid is contagious for three days after they get the shot)... if you don't want it running around in your house that is (just read your last post).

But no, I asked about this because I was going to do FCC and I wondered about this also. Yes, a doc did try to tell me that they'd make me get all the shots for my infant but I told the doc "uh, yeeeeah...riiiight...I'd like to see the day they try to force a shot onto my child. What will they do, take her from me and violently hold her down while restraining me?"

And I've never had any problems with military docs (been affiliated for 30+ years now) and if you come in with confidence at what you need/want- they typically will back off the medical babble.

good luck!

Quote:
The military can get away with it because most people don't question it.
Keep in mind that the military, living on a military base/post, is FEDERAL land... not state. We are held to both state and federal laws but if one supercedes the other, then we go with that one. And 9 times out of 10, federal trumps state easily. But it's not hard to claim exemption for a military dependant. Just make sure you put a note in the medical records explaining your exemption status and keep one for your records.

Advertisement

Last edited by dirtdartwife; 11-05-2006 at 12:50 AM.
dirtdartwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 06:45 PM   #12
Nique
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: non-vax/delayed vax & military ??

So... I just wanna see if I am following you... I do the exemption paperwork for the STATE and usually it will be good enough for the feds? And I CAN have my kids un vaxed and still DO the daycare.

THIS is why I come here!!! You mamas are so knowledgeable!!!! Thanks mamas!!!
Nique is offline   Reply With Quote