Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-17-2008, 11:11 AM   #1
DevotedWife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Melaleuca & Wipe Solution

I received this by email today in my customer chronicle. I don't think I'll be trying it, but I just wanted to get others thoughts on this (especially since I've seen Melaleuca mentioned here before). I use both Tough & Tender and Sol-u-mel, but I don't think I'll be wiping my son's butt w/either of those. I also have the Koala Pals, and actually liked it when I tried it out on myself. Are any of you one of many Melaleuca moms who have used this? I know most of us use cloth, so I'm not asking about the paper towel part....just the actual solution.

You can make a safe, alternative baby wipe using Melaleuca products? Here is the popular recipe, used by many Melaleuca moms to rid baby of painful diaper rash! Use Bounty paper towels or napkins, they are strongest. Cut paper towel roll in half, or fold napkins not quite in half so you can catch the edges with your finger. Mix the following in a large bowl: 4 cups of water, 1-2 squirts of Koala Pals Body Wash or Shampoo, 1 capful of Tough and Tender, 1 capful of SoluMel, and 10 drops of Melaleuca Oil. Put towels or napkins in a rubbermaid container or a freezer size Ziploc bag and pour mixture over them. Pour out excess water mixture and press down.

Advertisement

Last edited by DevotedWife; 10-17-2008 at 11:13 AM.
DevotedWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:15 AM   #2
ashpd2006
It's the heart that matters more
seller

My Mood:
Re: Melaleuca & Wipe Solution

I try to stay away from using TTO on my DS. I know the studies linking TTO and breast tissue in boys was very flawed, My pedi recommended not using it though and I trust her. As for Koala pals I have a bunch of it and we use it every night for bath time. I have a Melaleuca membership and actually just sent in my cancellation request today. That is a whole different story though.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
cm.thomas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't make it for us because I like booty cubes and they smell so much more yummy, but my mom makes this solution for when she watches ds at her house. She made it for my older ds too when he was in diapers. It works great and I'd rather have melaleuca stuff against his bum than whatever the heck they put in regular wipes from the store.
ISO:BSRB TIANs
cm.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:43 AM   #4
ashpd2006
It's the heart that matters more
seller

My Mood:

Also to add....we use ENI wipes solution....It's super yummy!!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #5
Mom23kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm not sure how I feel about using Sol-U-Mel an T&T in the solution. I had to stop using the Koala kids stuff because my dd is sensitive to fragrances. It might work for some people, though.
Mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote