Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2008, 08:03 PM   #11
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Those who read No-cry-sleep-solution! Help!!! I'm goin crazy!!!

Maybe the book just isn't for you??? It didn't work for us...my girls were way too clever. They would wake from the deepest sleep the second I would try to set them down. Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child did the trick for us.

Advertisement

Old 10-20-2008, 12:13 AM   #12
ericak95
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Those who read No-cry-sleep-solution! Help!!! I'm goin crazy!!!

What cues is you DS giving off before you put him to bed? Or are you putting him to bed by the clock?

We only co-slept for 5-6mo with each of our DD's then it got too tricky, and uncomfortable to sleep for all of us. When our DD's were around that stage we changed their routine a bit to be: eat, play, sleep (all day long) -- which really helped with the nursing to sleep issue (not saying you need to stop that if you don't want to, but understanding it doesn't work as good as it used to). Then once we were established in that pattern we transitioned to crib naps, which to our surprise went really well for both our DD's. Then it just kinda happened at bed time too. Still not a quick fix, but as I remember it all came together with in 2-3weeks.

I asked the above questions because the best advice I ever got was put them to sleep before you think they are tired. At the 1st yawn, eye rub we figured we had about a 15-20 minute window to get them changed, cuddled, and down for nap (or bed). Seriously, you're window could only be 5 minutes. DH and I used to joke about stopping whatever we were doing and put the kid to bed or we would pay the price . Now that they are 5 and 2.5yrs old we have a bed time, but before the age of 2 it was all about the cues. You can set your watch by my kids sleep, they are in bed almost always by 8-8:10pm and up by 6:30-7am (7:15 is sleeping in around here).

HTH -- I remember how frustrating sleep used to be

Erica