Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
Birdwatcher
Registered Users
Formerly: Jes***nk

S/O:Vaccines. Need advice, not really News but it is not Off Topic, either!

I had my DS vaxed all the way to 12 or 18 months (whenever the latest one occurs) and DD just to six months. She's 11 months now and will be having her nine month check up, it's so late partly b/c I am anxious about the dr.'s reaction to the "delayed vax" request I'm going to make. Does anyone have any advice?

Her appt. is this week. I'm the mom, so what I say goes, but I'm still nervous. At six months I told the last doctor that she will not be getting MMR and Chicken Pox because they are made from a human cell line, in my opinion even worse than chicken eggs! Especially b/c this human cell line came from aborted babies. Regardless of your view on abortion, we can probably agree that it is a bad practice for pharmaceutical companies to be profiting on the avoidable death of humans. He was very confrontational and anytime I said "aborted baby," he'd interject, "you mean, fetus?" or "fetus, fetus," like I didn't know that the scientific term for an unborn baby was fetus, or that that would matter. My son, born at 40 weeks and 2 days at 8:11 pm, was a fetus at 40 weeks and 2 days at 8:10 and 59 seconds pm.

Anyway, I have switched doctors, but it's the same practice. I have no idea what to expect with this doctor, so I am saying that I'm delaying her vaccines, but really I haven't decided yet on when/if to give her any more.

She's scheduled for Hep B and IPV, both of which she's already had doses started at earlier appointments. Does anyone know if it will be problematic to discontinue the course once it has already started (I sound like P. Bush: "Stay the course.")? I don't want to cause a disease b/c she had some part, but not enough, of the vaccine, or something.

Thanks!!

Advertisement

Birdwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:41 PM   #2
mnmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: S/O:Vaccines. Need advice, not really News but it is not Off Topic, either!

If I were in your position, I would ask to speak to the doctor on the phone before making the effort to go in. Tell them your concerns and that it's important they are on board with this. If not, then you can shop around and choose a doc who will be supportive.

Good luck
Old 10-19-2008, 04:41 PM   #3
raindrop_333
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm right there with ya, mama. My son turned a year last month and I have yet to make his 1 year appointment because I'm dreading the vaccine part. They always look at me like I have 2 heads whenever I tell them we're delay-vaxing. This time it will probably be even worse since I'm not going to get a few of them for him whatsoever. Anyway, sorry for the hijack. Just wanted you to know that you're not alone. How annoying that the doctor kept interrupting you and saying 'fetus'...ugh. I'm glad you switched doctors. Hopefully this one will be more understanding.
raindrop_333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #4
doublebk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

there is a lot of great info in the parenting section on this. we vax'd up until about 9 months ago. we now are not doing vax's at all, any of them. i would say, just tell them. my dr. is not very happy about it either, but tough sh*t. This is a new dr. that we are going to, my last dr., who we were very close to, left the practice, and although he was for vaxing, he would have never made me feel bad about it and he told me "you can always do it later, you cant take it back one it's done" . My 2 older dd's are perfect in every way, my youngest was born small for gestational age, and for some reason, my desire to protect her and my thinking of how fragile she is is much more intensified than the other 2. I truely believe that is my gut telling me to be careful with her, and although vaxs never scared me, nor did I question them before, they do with her. I am going to listen to my gut. Hope that made sense. The only thing I can tell you is no matter what, DO NOT sign any form that they give you saying you understand the risks of not getting vax's. They can easliy use that agaisnt you later to report you to cps. If you need a link to get a safe form, please pm me.
doublebk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:37 PM   #5
raindrop_333
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebk View Post
there is a lot of great info in the parenting section on this. we vax'd up until about 9 months ago. we now are not doing vax's at all, any of them. i would say, just tell them. my dr. is not very happy about it either, but tough sh*t. This is a new dr. that we are going to, my last dr., who we were very close to, left the practice, and although he was for vaxing, he would have never made me feel bad about it and he told me "you can always do it later, you cant take it back one it's done" . My 2 older dd's are perfect in every way, my youngest was born small for gestational age, and for some reason, my desire to protect her and my thinking of how fragile she is is much more intensified than the other 2. I truely believe that is my gut telling me to be careful with her, and although vaxs never scared me, nor did I question them before, they do with her. I am going to listen to my gut. Hope that made sense. The only thing I can tell you is no matter what, DO NOT sign any form that they give you saying you understand the risks of not getting vax's. They can easliy use that agaisnt you later to report you to cps. If you need a link to get a safe form, please pm me.
How incredibly shady!
raindrop_333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:43 PM   #6
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

i didnt think they vaxed at 9 month check ups
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:48 PM   #7
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Quote:
The only thing I can tell you is no matter what, DO NOT sign any form that they give you saying you understand the risks of not getting vax's. They can easliy use that agaisnt you later to report you to cps
Wow. Really? We've always signed them, but our Doc has never given us a hard time about not vax'ing, so I wouldn't think they would turn us over. There are a lot of people in my community that don't vax, so hopefully it won't be an issue later. That's scary. What part of the form can be used again parents?
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:56 PM   #8
doublebk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararaboomdeea View Post
Wow. Really? We've always signed them, but our Doc has never given us a hard time about not vax'ing, so I wouldn't think they would turn us over. There are a lot of people in my community that don't vax, so hopefully it won't be an issue later. That's scary. What part of the form can be used again parents?
Here is the link so you can see:
http://www.vaclib.org/legal/donotsign.htm
doublebk is offline   Reply With Quote