View Poll Results: Do you get your Kiddos Flu Shots?
Yes, Always! 13 13.00%
NO, Never! 66 66.00%
It depends! 9 9.00%
I'm Undecided! 10 10.00%
Other, there always has to be a other! 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2008, 07:10 PM   #21
gypsy54
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Flu Shots ???

Never, I definitely don't trust those people to inject me or my kids with anything.
Most of the time the side effects are worse than getting the flu. I will just keep us healthy the good old fashioned way, nutrition, steam, h20, teas, and sleep. We all need to sleep more during flu season.

Advertisement

gypsy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #22
akrancher
Registered Users
seller

I have never gotten a flu shot and neither will DS. We are selective on vaxs.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:28 PM   #23
shaky_girl
Registered Users

I don't bother since they're otherwise healthy (no asthma, etc) and they never get the flu in the first place.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:24 PM   #24
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy54 View Post
Never, I definitely don't trust those people to inject me or my kids with anything.
Most of the time the side effects are worse than getting the flu. I will just keep us healthy the good old fashioned way, nutrition, steam, h20, teas, and sleep. We all need to sleep more during flu season.
This is really untrue. "Most of the time" people don't even get sick from the shot. And if you've ever had the flu vs. the flu shot than you would know how untrue it is to compare the side effects to the flu! What percentage of people get hospitalized after the flu shot vs people who are hospitalized with the flu?? That is a landslide difference! Complications (let alone death!) with vaccines are rare, they happen, but they're RARE. People getting so sick they need to A) visit a dr or B) be hospitalized or C) dying is far more likely to happen if you get the flu.

While I do agree the flu-mist is a little confusing, they gave me a warning when I got it the first yr to stay away from immune-compromised people because it is a live virus and can spread to others. After that I decided to just get the injection for myself and the kids because of the risk. I would hate for myself or them to pass it on to someone else hence trying to avoid the flu in the first place.

Anyone who says the flu "isn't that bad to get" doesn't have a high-risk person in their family. Hospitalization (or death) is serious!! Pneumonia can come on really quick too.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:35 PM   #25
cedricsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know. Where can I get more information on the flu shot? My ds is 10 month but he is not in day care. I plan on taking him to swim classes shortly.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:24 PM   #26
tirsalope
Registered Users

My Mood:

Too much mercury in the flu shot! Even more so than the level in vaccines. I would be careful about this...
tirsalope is offline   Reply With Quote