Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2008, 10:19 AM   #1
Luvingmy4boys
Registered Users
Formerly: sahmto3boys
seller

My Mood:
Basic Connection Pull-On Diaper Cover...How's the sizing and are they any good?

I saw these pull-on diaper covers on Nicki's Diapers and they are only $3.99. I was wondering if anyone here has used them. Are they any good? Do they run small? I'm debating whether I can use a medium or not? I have medium covers in mostly everything else.

Here's the link for the covers:

http://nickisdiapers.com/catalog.php?category=319

Thanks.

Advertisement

Old 10-20-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
Luvingmy4boys
Registered Users
Formerly: sahmto3boys
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basic Connection Pull-On Diaper Cover...How's the sizing and are they any good?

Has anyone used these?
Old 10-20-2008, 01:59 PM   #3
jn__
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basic Connection Pull-On Diaper Cover...How's the sizing and are they any good?

no idea but for $4 total investment, how can you go wrong? Even if you ordered one and then went back for more.

I'm not in the market for pull ons though. sorry for the post-tease.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:17 AM   #4
thrifty72
Registered Users
seller
seller

thrifty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:22 AM   #5
the8dunlaps
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just got an XL brand new in the package.. I LOVE the fit, love the colors, but it wicked badly when dd was wet (toddler prefold was pretty wet) and it had been about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs.
I wouldn't buy more because of that. I was sooo hoping they would work because the Dappi nylon pullons we love have a lower rise, especially in the back and we needed higher.
I really really love our dappi nylon pullons, NEVER a leak, even at night, SOft binding, cheaper than basic connection and you can Koolaid dye them pretty colors too!

http://https://www.facebook.com/TheHappyHippos
Cloth diapers, accessories, baby gowns, nursing cover ups, towels, blankets, capes and more!!!
the8dunlaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:38 AM   #6
thrifty72
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8dunlaps View Post
I just got an XL brand new in the package.. I LOVE the fit, love the colors, but it wicked badly when dd was wet (toddler prefold was pretty wet) and it had been about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs.
I wouldn't buy more because of that. I was sooo hoping they would work because the Dappi nylon pullons we love have a lower rise, especially in the back and we needed higher.
I really really love our dappi nylon pullons, NEVER a leak, even at night, SOft binding, cheaper than basic connection and you can Koolaid dye them pretty colors too!
Excellent info/review! Thank you!

I was thinking about the Dappi nylon (not vinyl) pull-on as well. Is the leg bindings different on the Dappi than on the Basic Connection?

Have you tried the Bummis Whisper pant?

Do you think they are really poofy?

ETA: Oh, and I guess Bumkins has a nylon pull on, too, but they seem awful pricey-- like $15 new if I remember correctly.

Last edited by thrifty72; 11-03-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:48 AM   #7
the8dunlaps
Registered Users
seller
seller

I haven't tried the bummis or bumkins, the dappi gets much better reviews and are cheaper, the bummis is suppose to be really poofy too, and they cost more.

The dappi is poofy but not bad, and it smashes down to NOTHING, it's for sure the trimmest of trim covers as far as fabric/bulk under clothing.

The dappi has the same super soft binding on it as the baby connection does, looks the same, but the dappi has a better waterproof coating on the inner. I loved our dappi's in all sizes/stages except now that my dd's are older (bedwetters) and they have tall tall rises and nighttime dipes... the rise especially in the back is a little too low to cover the fitteds.
We really love them though. Bulletproof for us! I would though make sure you wash on cold or warm, Hot can break them down (nylon)... they are nice to hand wash quickly/easily too in the sink if you don't have enough to wash a load, but need one clean etc.
HTH.

http://https://www.facebook.com/TheHappyHippos
Cloth diapers, accessories, baby gowns, nursing cover ups, towels, blankets, capes and more!!!
the8dunlaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:03 AM   #8
thrifty72
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sounds great!! I'm going to have to locate some Dappi nylon pull-ons. I'm excited to give them a try!

I've subbed to your thread from your siggy!! OMGosh! Those are the best looking diapers and selection I have seen in a very long time!! Very nice!!
Old 11-03-2008, 02:38 PM   #9
RockyTopMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a Bummis that I got on FSOT and I love it. It is poofy but smooshes down to the size of whatever is under it. I always put it on DS with his jeans and other pants that need something trim. I just now placed an order for some Dappi nylon pull on pants. I can't wait to get them. I'd try those instead.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #10
thrifty72
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyTopMommy View Post
I have a Bummis that I got on FSOT and I love it. It is poofy but smooshes down to the size of whatever is under it. I always put it on DS with his jeans and other pants that need something trim. I just now placed an order for some Dappi nylon pull on pants. I can't wait to get them. I'd try those instead.
Yeah, I'm going to try the Dappi! I just placed my order so I should have some on the way soon!

Tiny Tush also makes a nylon pull-on pant. I think those are sold in packs of 3, and come out to about $5 apiece. Anyone have a review of those? I'm most concerned about the bindings (legs, waist) when it comes to wicking.