Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-20-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Thumbs up positive thread: our kids teachers

So there have been a lot of neg. threads about our kids teachers on here lately. I thought I would start one that was positive. What do you LIKE about your kids teacher/school??

I volunteered on Friday and my kids teacher rocks. She was doing the what do you know, what do you want to know and what did you learn poster about bats. She had all the kids engaged. She also does a lot of learning through art and music which I think is great for 1st graders. And she lets them keep their water bottles at their desks and as someone who always has water - thats terrific.

Sean (11-9-02) Lindsey (11-9-02) and Katelyn (7-5-05)
3Xblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:56 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: positive thread: our kids teachers

I love my son's kindergarten teacher. She has been teaching for 30+ years. She is around 60 years old. She is the most energetic, excited teacher I have seen in many years, if not ever. She's just cool!!
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:50 PM   #3
Registered Users
Formerly: n***_n_b**
My Mood:

Thanks Mamas...this is nice to see.

There is a lot of the "behind the scenes" that many don't see. They think teaching is a piece of cake and that we get the summers off. It is true, we have them off...but we don't get paid either.

I have 3 meetings scheduled this I won't be home until 5:45pm, and then I have an event next week also. On top of that report cards are due, which is about an hour a student (or more, it's my first year at this school).

I'm not complaining, I love what I do. No two days are EVER the same! To those that say teaching is easy.....I'd LOVE for them to spend a week in our shoes (some might just need an hour ).

My son loves I say KUDOS to my son's teachers this year. His 2nd grade teacher rocked!!!!!!
debmom2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:44 PM   #4
Tummy Kisses Diapers
My Mood:

this is dd's third year of school, and we have loved all her teachers so far. this year she had a hard time adjusting to first grade, and the teacher sat with us, and we hammered out a plan, and then she called me to let me know she was doing great!! we really like her.
Amanda , Mom to Michayla10/01, Audrey11/07,
and Charlie 2/12, Wife to Karl
SAHM, ERF, EH, getting back to basics slowly
Officially ERF!!!
wildeyes is offline   Reply With Quote